Surgeons at Narayana Health have a solution with an excellent track record of success in high-end cosmetic surgery. Thanks to our team of skilled plastic surgeons backed by advanced surgical facilities and expert nursing care, we follow the latest and safest techniques, often opting for endoscopic procedures with minimal recovery time and discomfort. The services offered include Facelift, Rhinoplasty, liposculpting, Eyelid Surgery, Breast Reduction, Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift, Tummy Tuck and Body Lift.
Plastic and cosmetic surgery helps patients of all ages and types, including a child with a birth defect or the young injured in an accident.
Surgeons at Mazumdar Shaw Medical Center at NH Health City Bangalore have performed over 1000 cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries in a year related to:
Head, face, and eyes
- Brow/forehead lift
- Chin, cheek, or jaw reshaping / facial implants
- Hair replacement surgery
- Eyelid lift
- Ear pinning and reshaping
- Nasal surgery
- Nose reshaping
- Lip augmentation
- Cleft lip and cleft palate
- Craniosynostosis (craniofacial anomaly)
Mouth and teeth
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast reduction in men with gynecomastia
- Breast lift
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
Hand and upper limb
- Chase Hand & Upper Limb Center
- Chemical peel
- Dermabrasion / dermaplaning
- Collagen/fat injectable fillers
- Scar revision
- Botox/filler injections (restylane, radiesse)
- Vein removal
- Glycolic peels
- Laser peels
- Tattoo removal
Different types of surgeries that have been performed at Narayana Health, the best cosmetic surgery hospital in India so far include:
Common Plastic Surgery Procedures
The dermabrasion procedure gently removes the top layer of the skin with the help of a high-speed rotating brush. The area gradually heals forming new skin. Dermabrasion is performed to treat acne scars, age spots, sun-damaged skin, wrinkles, lesions on the skin, crow’s feet, etc.
Liposuction is performed to remove fat deposits from the body to improve its shape. The most popular type is tumescent liposuction, where a solution containing local anaesthetic and epinephrine drug is injected into the target areas of excessive fatty deposits. Instruments called cannulas are then used to suction out the liquid along with the fat.
Ultrasonic-Assisted Liposuction or UAL may also be performed. In this procedure, the cannula releases ultrasonic energy to break up fat deposits so that it can be suctioned out of the body.
Rhinoplasty is performed to reshape the nose for cosmetic reasons as well as for medical reasons to correct breathing or birth defects. Some bruising can be seen after the surgery, but that fades away in a few days.
Rhytidectomy or facelift is done to tighten the skin of the face, smoothen deep lines and minimise sagging for a youthful appearance.
Individuals, looking to get fuller-looking lips, go for the lip augmentation procedure. The surgeon uses injectable dermal fillers to increase the lip volume, structure or shape. The procedure doesn’t produce permanent results. A second procedure might be needed after six months to restore the shape and volume.
Surgery is performed to remove the excessive amount of male breast tissue. Excessive tissue can be caused due to genetics or the use of steroids. If drugs are the cause of gynaecomastia, the patient has to stop using the drug prior to the surgery.
Preparing for Surgery
The type of preparation you need to do depends on the type of surgery you went through and the type of anesthesia being administered to you. Plastic surgery may require multiple procedures done in several stages.
The following are considerations for you to discuss with your surgeon before the procedure is initiated:
- Ask the surgeon about the benefits, risks, and outcomes of the procedure.
- Discuss what type of anesthesia will be administered during the procedure and its recovery time.
- Inform your physician of any medications you are currently taking or any allergy you may have
- Be sure to discuss any post-operative instructions such as cleanliness and beauty and medications.
- Do not wear any form of makeup including any eye contact on the day of surgery.
- Remove any jewelry piece.
- Ask the medical staff of any dentures or other prosthetic devices you may be wearing.
- Be sure to stop drinking and eating for the recommended period prior to surgery.
- Post-surgery follow up is also necessary.