Narayana Health provides state-of-the-art care for all facets and stages of eye conditions. We use the latest techniques and therapies to administer routine eye examinations.
Ophthalmology is the branch of medicine that deals with the anatomy, physiology and diseases of the eye. An ophthalmologist is a specialist in medical and surgical eye problems. Ophthalmology includes sub-specialities which deal either with certain diseases or diseases of certain parts of the eye.
Some of them are:
- Anterior Segment Surgery
- Retinal Ophthalmology - emphasis on LASER treatment of the retina and actual retinal surgery
- Cataracts - not usually considered a subspecialty per se, since most general ophthalmologists perform cataract surgery
- Cornea, Ocular Surface and External Disease
- Medical Retina deals with treatment of retinal problems through non-surgical means
- Ocular Oncology
- Oculoplastics & Orbit Surgery
- Ophthalmic Pathology
- Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus (mis-alignment of the eyes)
- Refractive Surgery
- Vitreo-retinal Surgery deals with surgical management of retinal and posterior segment diseases and disorders
- Medical Retina and Vitreo-retinal Surgery sometimes together called posterior segment subspecialisation.