Dr Abhishek MB a senior consultant at Department of Orthopedic Surgery belongs to Shimoga, and joined Sahyadri Narayana Multispecialty Hospital as a trained specialist in Sports Medicine and Joint replacement in March 2018. He did is medical college training from Kasturba Medical College - Mangalore, eventually developed interest in the field of Orthopedic surgery, Sports medicine and Joint reconstruction surgeries and underwent further post graduate training in Orthopedic surgery from a world-renowned Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher medical sciences – Puttaparthi, on special interest he also pursued a post graduate diploma training in Sports science from University of Sydney, Australia. Furthermore, his commitment and academic excellence fetched him a prestigious scholarship to Milan-Italy in 2014 as a ISAKOS Fellow in Arthroscopy, Arthroplasty, cartilage surgery and sports medicine at OASI Bioresearch foundation. During his fellowship he was trained in complex Arthroscopic and Arthroplasty surgeries, Cartilage regenerative surgeries and Ortho biological therapies (where they use patient’s own platelets or stem cells to treat many orthopedic conditions through minimally invasive methods) from a pioneer and international leading expert - Dr. Alberto Gobbi. He also travelled with Dr Gobbi as a travelling fellow to University of California, San Diego, USA - during his time in USA he participated in many academic training programs to enhance his knowledge and skills in arthroscopy and arthroplasty surgeries. Dr Abhishek has coauthored in 4 peer reviewed international orthopedic journals and has coauthored 2 textbook chapters for renowned international textbook on Arthroscopic surgery. Dr Abhishek has been successfully practicing Orthopedics Trauma, Arthroscopy surgeries/sports medicine and Primary joint replacement surgeries in Shivamogga since 2015. As a leading expert in Sports Medicine, Joint preservation surgeries and Orthobiological therapy, he has successfully treated many national level and professional athletes across many sporting disciplines; and works with local sports teams for their wellbeing, injury management and performance.
- DNB (Ortho)
- FASM (Italy & USA)
- Diploma Sports Science (AUS)
Post held in past
- Consultant, Orthopedic surgery, and Sports Medicine at MaaX Super Specialty Hospital, Shivamogga.
- Senior Resident, Dept of Orthopedic surgery at Subaiah Institute of Medical Sciences, Shivamogga.
Fields of Expertise
- Complex trauma, Limb salvage and Limb reconstruction surgery.
- Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine.
- Orthobiological therapy (PRP injections and Stem cells-based procedures).
- Joint preservation surgeries, biological arthroplasty and Cartilage based surgeries.
- Primary Hip and Knee Arthroplasty (Joint replacements surgery).
Key Procedures Performed
- Multi-ligament knee reconstruction, complex shoulder arthroscopy surgeries.
- Elbow and Wrist Arthroscopy surgeries.
- Orthobiological therapy (PRP injections and cartilage regenerative procedures).
- Arthroscopy and Sports medicine
- Cartilage surgeries
- Stem cell therapy
- Orthobiological therapy and Primary Joint replacement surgeries
Kannada, Tulu, Telugu, Hindi, and English