Born in Shivamogga, graduated from DVS college, Dr Abhishek further moved to Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University to pursue medical school training. Subsequently, he developed an interest in the field of orthopedic surgery and sports medicine and did his post graduate diploma in sports science from the University of Sydney, Australia and underwent further training in orthopedic surgery from Sri Sathya Sai Institute of medical sciences, Puttaparthi. He has been practicing Orthopedics Trauma, Arthroscopy surgeries and sports medicine in his hometown since 2015. During his fellowship, he was also trained in ortho biological therapies from an international leading expert Dr. Alberto Gobbi from Milan - Italy, where they use patient’s own platelets or stem cells to treat many orthopedic conditions through minimally invasive non surgical and surgical methods. Many patients from this region have already been benefited from the above treatment modality.
Fields of Expertise
- Orthopaedic trauma
- Adult and Pediatric Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy surgery
- Cartilage surgery
- Orthobiological therapy
Key Procedures Performed
- Multi ligament knee reconstruction in this region
- Elbow arthroscopy in this region
- Wrist arthroscopy in this region
- Ortho Biological therapy in orthopedics
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- 6 months training as an ISAKOS fellow in Arthroscopy, Sports Medicine and Cartilage research at OASI Bioresearch foundation, Milan, Italy – under the guidance of Dr. Alberto Gobbi. (2014).
- Hip and Knee arthroscopic Surgical skill training (Cadaver based) at 15 th International Sports Medicine Fellows conference, Carlsbad, San Diego, USA (2015).
- Cartilage repair cadaver based training and workshop at 15 th International Sports Medicine Fellows conference, Carlsbad, San Diego, USA (2015).
- Ultrasound in Musculoskeletal disorder workshop at 15 th International sports medicine Fellows conference, Carlsbad, San Diego, USA (2015).
- Graduate Diploma full time course in Exercises and Sports Science from the University of Sydney, Australia (2007).
- A structured & phasic Rehabilitation program after Autologous Chondrocytes or Stem Cells transplantation for knee joint cartilage lesions. Karnatizikos G, Abhishek MB. Gobbi A. Sphera Medical Journal. Jan 2015: 10-14.
- Comparative Study of Collagen versus Synthetic-Based Meniscal Scaffolds inTreating Meniscal Deficiency in Young Active Population. Erica Bulgheroni, Alberto Grassi, Monica Campagnolo, Paolo Bulgheroni, Abhishek Mudhigere and Alberto Gobbi. Cartilage. September 2015; DOI: 10.1177/1947603515600219.
- Postoperative Infection following Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Alberto Gobbi, Georgios Karnatzikos, Abhishek Mudhigere and Erica Bulgherhoni. Sports Health.
- A Multidisciplinary approach. Online first Published on November 24 th , 2015 as doi: 10.1177/1941738115618638.
- One-step surgery with multipotent stem cells and Hyaluronan- based scaffold for the treatment of full thickness chondral defectes of the knee in patient older than 45 years.
- Alberto, Gobbi, Celeste Scotti, Georgios Karnatzikos, Abhishek Mudhigere, Marc Castro & Giuseppe M Peretti. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy. Online first Published on January 14 th , 2016; DOI: 10.1007/s00167-016- 3984-6.
- Revision ACL reconstruction: Management of Femoral tunnel malposition. Alberto Gobbi, Konsei Shino, Norimasa Nakamura Abhishek Mudhigere. In Prodromos C (ed.): The Anterior Cruciate Ligament (2 nd Edition), PA: Saunders Elsevier published on October, 2017.
- Acute ACL rupture: A Biological approach through primary ACL repair and augmentation with Bone marrow stimulation and growth factor injection. Alberto Gobbi, Georgios Karnatizikos Abhishek Mudhigere. In Prodromos C (ed.): The Anterior Cruciate Ligament (2 nd Edition), PA: Saunders Elsevier published on October, 2017.
Posts Held in Past
- Consultant at MAXX Super Speciality Hospital, Shivamogga
- Senior Resident at Subaiah Institute of Medical Sciences, Shivamogga.
Kannada, Hindi, English, Tulu and Telugu