Dr. Aparna S completed MBBS from Bangalore medical college with 3 gold medals in 2005. She completed MD pediatrics from the prestigious institution PGIMER, Chandigarh. She was trained in medical oncology at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology and passed out in 2016 with gold medal. She is certified with MRCP (UK) Medical oncology in 2016. She has special interest in breast cancer, lung cancer and gynecological cancer. She was conducted many workshops on early detection and treatment of cancer.
Field of Expertise
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
English, Hindi and Kannada
Area of Interests
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Gynecological Cancer
Key procedures performed
- Administered chemotherapy monoclonal antibodies (rituximab, bevacizumab, denosumab, ado trastuzumab, panitumumab)
- Pericardial bleomycin
- Gold Medal DM Medical Oncology (Rguhs)
- Gold Medals (3) in Mbbs (Bangalore Medical College)
Professional Memberships & Certifications
MRCP (UK) Medical Oncology
- Epigenetic therapy of cancer with histone deacetylase inhibitors. K.C Lakshmaiah, Linu A.Jocob, S.Aparna, D.Lokanatha, Smitha.C, Saldanha – journal of cancer Research and therapeutic, July-Sept 2014 Volume 10 – Issue 3.
- Plasmablastic lymphoma of bone in human immunodeficiency virus positive Child a rare extra oral presentation. S.Aparna, L.Appaji, B.S Arunakumari, M.Padma, Geethashree Mukherji, Kavitha.S, Sreevatsa, T.L Suma, T.Avinash, Nagesh, Sirsath, Smitha.C, Saldanha - pediatric infection disease. 6(2014) 14 Ze 144.
- Methotrexate induced chemical meningitis in patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia / lymphoma. Linu A.Jocob, Aparna Sreevatsa, Lakshmaiah, Chinnagiriyappa, Lokanath, Dasappa, Suresh T.M, Govinda Babu – Ann Indian Acad Neural 2015, 18, 206-209.
- Hyperleukocytosis, an unusual paraneoplastic manifestation of lung cancer. A case report and review of literature. Aparna Sreevatsa, Suresh, M.C Babu, Govind K Babu, TM.Suresh – Journal of cancer Research and therapeutic (JCRT – 998-14 R3).
- Langerhans Cell Sarcoma – Review of literature and a rare case report. Lakshmaiah. K.C, Smitha C.S, Lokanatha D, Linu A.Jocob, premalatha C.S, Usha A, Aparna.S, J Mol Biomark Diagn – Volume 5, Issue 4 1000181.
- Complications of chemoport in children with cancer; Experience of 54,100 catheter days from a tertiary cancer center of southern India. S.Aparna, S.Ramesh, L Appaji, Kavitha Srivatsa, Gowri Shankar, Vinay Jhadav, Narendra Babu, South Asian journal of cancer / Sajc -97-15 R3.
- High dose oral Ambroxol for early treatment of pulmonary acute respiratory distress syndrome; An exploratory, Randomized, controlled pilot trial. Arun.K, Baranwal, Aprana.S, Murthy and Sumit.S.Singh – Journal of tropical pediatrics 2015, 0, 1-12.
- Decitabine compared with low-dose cytarabine for the treatment of older patients with newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia. A pilot study of safety, efficacy and cost effectiveness. Linu A.Jocob, Aparna.S, Lakshmaiah. K.C, Lokanatha, Govinda Babu, Suresh Babu, Sandhya Appachu – Advances in Hematology article ID 167029.
- Primary Intraccranial germ cell tumors; single institution experience from a South Indian Tertiary cancer centre. Lakshmaiah. K.C, Suresh Babu, Lokanatha D, Govinda Babu Linu A.Jocob, Usha A, Aparna.S - Clinial cancer investigation journal, CCIJ -16-16 R5.
- The efficacy, safety and cost benefit of olanzapine versus aprepitant in highly emetogenic chemotherapy. A pilot study from South India. Govinda Babu, Smitha C S, Linu A.Jocob, Lakshmaiah. K.C, Aparna.S, Lokanatha D, Pretesh Kiran, Sandhya Appachu, Vinutha Unnikrishnan, Venugopal – Chemotherapy Research and Practice Volume 2016, Article Id 3439707.
6 PM to 8 PM on Appointment