- MD (Radiation Oncology)
Post held in past
- Senior Research Fellow - Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India (From 21-08-2017 to 12-12-2018)
- Senior Resident - Balco Medical Center, Vedanta Medical Research Foundation, Raipur, CG (From 21-12-2018 to May 2020)
- Junior Consultant - Balco Medical Centre, Vedanta Medical Research Foundation, Raipur, CG (From May 2020 to present)
Fields of Expertise
- All basics of anaesthesia including post-operative care
- Give anaesthetic shots to the patients ready for all types of surgeries ensuring 100% smooth function of all the organs.
- Various techniques of regional anaesthesia including nerve blocks.
- Performed surgeries-related duties by remaining present till the end of operations.
- Experienced in ICU-related work and assisted doctors with great experience
- Performed major surgeries on an individual basis.
Awards & Recognition
- Neil Joseph Fellowship award, AROI 2016.
- Trainee, Resident Peer Review Training Program (RePRT), International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics (IJROBP/Red Journal).
- Four weeks Observer ship in advanced radiotherapy techniques at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai (3-7-17 to 28-07-17).
- ESTRO-35, ELEKTA Junior Brachytherapy travel grant (Dec 2015)
- Sir Dorabji Tata Trust travel grant November 2015.
- Certificate course of Basic Clinical Skills and Techniques, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Health Sciences, Banglore, Karnataka.
- A retrospective analysis of Role of Prophylactic Cranial Irradiation in Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia- an Institutional Study.
- A retrospective analysis of Efficacy of external beam radiotherapy and Brachytherapy on local control and disease-free survival in locally advanced Carcinoma cervix in Indian women- an Institutional experience.
- Dosimetric analysis of the effects of bladder filling on bladder dose in Volume based brachytherapy of carcinoma cervix- an institutional study.
- Dose optimization and plan evaluation in CT image-based gynaecological Interstitial Brachytherapy using Martinez Universal Perineal Interstitial Template (MUPIT) A institutional study.
- CT-based Intracavitory brachytherapy in Carcinoma cervix- A prospective study.
- 12) Organization of Public awareness and cancer screening camp in rural Mehsana district of
- One month of radiation oncology practice in a Rural Regional cancer care centre at Siddhapur, Gujarat.
- 14) Passed FRCR clinical oncology part 1. Preparing for part 2A
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI)- LM no 2383
- European Society of Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO)
- Patkar S, Chaturvedi A, Goel M, Rangarajan V, Sharma A, Engineer R. Role of Positron Emission Tomography‐Contrast Enhanced Computed Tomography (PETCECT) in locally advanced gallbladder cancer. Journal of Hepato‐Biliary‐Pancreatic Sciences.
- Engineer R, Patkar S, Lewis SC, Sharma AD, Shetty N, Ostwal V, Ramaswamy A, Chopra S, Agrawal A, Patil P, Mehta S. A phase III randomised clinical trial of perioperative therapy (neoadjuvant chemotherapy versus chemoradiotherapy) in locally advanced gallbladder cancers (POLCAGB): study protocol. BMJ open. 2019 Jun 1;9(6):e028147.
- Dosimetric analysis of the effects of the bladder volume on organs at risk (OAR) in high-dose-rate intracavitary brachytherapy in carcinoma cervix – an institutional study. Journal of Contemporary Brachytherapy. 2018;10(1):26-31. doi:10.5114/jcb.2018.74136.
- Comparison of conventional fractionation (five fractions per week) and altered fractionation (six fractions per week) in stage I and II squamous cell carcinoma of the oropharynx: An institutional study. Indian J Cancer 2017;54:6-10.
- The pattern of distant metastasis in molecular subtypes of carcinoma breast: An institutional study. Indian J Cancer 2017;54:327-32.
- Calculation of dose-volume parameters and indices in plan evaluation of HDR interstitial brachytherapy by MUPIT in carcinoma cervix. Indian journal of cancer. 2018 Jul 1;55(3):238.
- Primary malignant melanoma of the spinal cord- A case report. Journal of Cancer Metastasis and Treatment 2016; 2- 144-6.
- Brain metastasis in soft-tissue sarcoma. Clin Cancer Investig J 2016;5:336-8.
- Squamous cell carcinoma of tongue 18 years after renal transplantation: a case report. Journal of Cancer Metastasis and Treatment, [S.l.], v. 2, n. 11, p. 443-5, nov. 2016.
- Carcinoma Buccal mucosa presenting as ocular metastasis to Choroid a case report Indian journal of research Volume: 5 | Issue: 11 | November-2016.
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Skin after 20 Years of Renal Transplantation. Indian Journal of Nephrology. 2017;27(6):456-458.
- Dosimetric analysis of the effect of bladder volume on brachytherapy dose to organs at risk (OARs) in volume-based intracavitary brachytherapy of carcinoma cervix: An institutional study. J Clin Oncol 35, 2017 (suppl; abstr e17006).
- The pattern of Brain Metastasis in Immunohistochemistry Based Subtypes of Carcinoma Breast–An Institutional Study. Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research. 2017 Aug 1;3(8).
- Primary primitive neuroectodermal tumour of the spinal cord. Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal. 2016 Sep 1;5(5):454.
- Chest wall metastasis in squamous cell carcinoma of the buccal mucosa." Journal of Cancer Metastasis and Treatment [Online], 3.4 (2017): 78-81. Web. 30 May 2017.
- Primary Ewing’s sarcoma of the cranium in a pediatric patient. J Pediatr Neurosci.2017;12:273- 5.
- Assessment of dose-volume parameters for target and organs at risk in volume based intracavitary Brachytherapy in carcinoma cervix: A prospective study. Abstract 77. Gynaecology. J Can Res Ther 2016;12:29-43.
- Treatment outcome of locally advanced carcinoma cervix (stage IIB-IIIB) with radical Radiotherapy: A single institute retrospective study. Abstract-99. Gynaecology. J Can Res Ther 2016;12:29-43.
- Dose optimization and plan evaluation in CT image-based gynaecological interstitial brachytherapy Using Martinez universal perineal interstitial template. Abstract-284. Gynaecology. J Can Res Ther 2016;12:29-43.
- Dosimetric analysis of the effects of bladder filling on organs at risk dose in carcinoma cervix Brachytherapy. Abstract-283. Gynaecology. J Can Res Ther 2016;12:29-43.
- Recurrence pattern in operable carcinoma Gall Bladder: A single institution study at the Tata Memorial Hospital. (To be published).
- Short Course Radiotherapy in Locally advanced rectal Cancer: TMH experience. (To be Published).
- Shende R, Gupta G, Dhoble SJ, DasSharma A, Patel G. Indirect evaluation of pretreatment imaging protocols and their clinical impact on patient dose delivery in radiotherapy. Journal of Radiation Oncology. 2020 Dec;9(3):211-23.
- Shende R, Gupta G, Dhoble SJ, Patel G, Dassharma A. Proposing a novel graphical method to determine effective bremsstrahlung focal spot size and shape of the therapeutic beam from a linear
- accelerator in radiation therapy. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment. 2021 Jul 7:165625.
- Writing, people’s Photography, Cooking, and newspaper articles on cancer awareness
Hindi, Odiya, Kannada, Gujarati, English, and Marwadi