Posts Held in the Past
- Consultant and Associate Professor and In charge in Department of Medicine and Critical Care unit at Chitwan Medical College Teaching Hospital, Bharatpur, Nepal
- Academic Senior Resident in Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- Worked as Senior Registrar in Department of Medicine/ICU at Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Patan, Nepal
- Worked as lecturer in North Sichuan Medical College, Sichuan Province, PR China
- • Worked as academic Junior Resident in Department of Medicine All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
Fields of Expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Bronchial Asthma
- Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Pulmonary vascular disorders and sleep medicine
Awards & Recognition
- Certificate of Merit from Principals' Association for topping Bantwal taluk in Pre-University Course, Mangalore, Karnataka (1997).
- Topped All Nepal common entrance test and won scholarship to study MBBS,conducted by Ministry of Education, Nepal (1997).
- Successful organization of Critical Care Update 2014 in ARDS current concepts in January 2014 at Chitwan Medical College Teaching Hospital, Bharatpur, Nepal in aossociation with NSCCM, Nepal.
- Presented ARDS-current concepts on Critical Care Update, 2014.
- Participated on debate “Should PEEP in ARDS be set on oxygenation?” on Critical Care Update 2014.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Fellow of Academy of Pulmonary Sciences (India)
- Life member of Nepalese Society of Critical Care Medicine (NSCCM)
- Member of Malaysian Association of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology (MABIP)
Key Procedures Performed:
- Fiber optic Bronchoscopy
- Broncho alveolar Lavage
- Trans Bronchial Lung Biopsy
- Trans Bronchial Needle Aspiration
- Endo Bronchial Biopsy
- Balloon Dilatation
- Thoracoscopy + Pleural Biopsy
- Sleep Study
- Competent in performing diagnostic fiber optic bronchoscopy with an experience of over 500 independent bronchoscopies.
- Well versed in procedures such as endo-tracheal intubation, arterial line placement, central venous catheter placement (conventional & ultrasound guided), use of invasive and non-invasive mechanical ventilation.
- Well versed in point of care ultrasonography, guided pleural fluid drainage, assessment of pneumothorax, guided CVC catheter placement, compression ultrasound and inferior vena cava assessment for fluid status.
English, Hindi, Nepali
- Diagnostic performance of various tests and criteria employed in allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis: a latent class analysis. R.Agarwal, D.Maskey, A.N.Aggarwal, M.Garg, D.Gupta, B. Saikia, A. Chakrabarti. PLoS ONE 2013 8(4): e61105
- Oxygen therapy in COPD: R.Agarwal, D. Maskey. World ClinPulmCrit Care Med. 2013;2(1):134-53.
- NIV in lung injury secondary to malaria. R.Agarwal, D. Maskey. Springer;NoninvasiveVentilation in High-Risk Infections and Mass Casualty Events 21014:109-127
Dr. Maskey is a Consultant at Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, Raipur. He is a trained pulmonologist and intensivist with DM in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine from the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh. He is passionate to learn and excel in the field of pulmonary care, critical care and sleep medicine.