Dr. Piyush Shukla is trained as a Radiation Oncologist. In his oncological career spanning over a decade, more than 4000 cancer patients have been treated and healed. He is committed to providing the best comprehensive care with deep compassion and dedication towards every individual suffering from the challenging disease. Trained in the best cancer centers across India, Dr.Shukla has garnered experiences as a resident of Radiation and Clinical Oncology at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) , Delhi, and Resident at the JawaharLal Cancer Institute, Bhopal. With the intention of serving his cancer and terminally ill patients better, he has also earned Fellowship in Palliative and Pain Care- which is a rare domain of medical expertise available in small cities and towns.
Fields of Expertise
- Advanced precision based IGRT, IMRT, SBRT, 3DCRT
- Chemotherapy of Solid Tumours Management of Oncological Emergencies.
Key Procedures Performed
- External Radiation (EBRT) – LINAC based treatment, 3D-CRT, IMRT, IGRT and SBRT Planning, Rapid Arc, Stereotactic Radiation
- Brachytherapy - Intracavitary, Interstitial, Intraluminal, Perineal template by HDR
- Well versed with various Planning Systems (External Planning on Eclipse
- Oncentra and Brachytherapy planning on Plato & Tomocon)
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Life member IMA
- Red Cross Society
- ESMO (junior)
- Thesis M.D. : Comparative study of Paclitaxel and Cisplatin versus Methotrexate and Cisplatin as Neoadjuvant agents in advanced head and neck cancer.Submitted the same article in indexed journal (JCRT).
- One observational study printed in SOUTH ASIAN JOURNAL OF CANCER (Oct-Dec 2012 issue)-“THE SCENARIO OF PRESENTATION OF YOUNG FEMALES IN A RURAL CANCER HOSPITAL OF NORTH INDIA: AN INITIAL EXPERIENCE”.
- Case report “Rare case of carcinoma GB metastasizing to breast”, in JCRT.
- Working on “Retrospective 10 year study of malignant lacrimal epithelial tumors from tertiary centre in India”
- Working on “Dosimetric analysis survival analysis in post op gallbladder cancer”.
- Poster accepted in International Gynecologic Cancer Society(IGCS) 2012 Vancouver, "IMPACT OF ASYMMETRIC SIZED OVOIDS ON INTRACAVITARY BRACHYTHERAPY DOSE DISTRIBUTION FOR CARCINOMA CERVIX”.
- Abstract accepted for ICTRE-2012 Geneva to be published in Green Journal “Impact Of Patient Position On Conventional, Three Dimensional Conformal Radiation Therapy And Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy: An Assessment In The Case Of Brainstem Glioma”.
- Poster in ESMO-2012”EPIDEMIOLOGY, TREATMENT AND OUTCOME OF RETINOBLASTOMA, EXPERIENCE FROM TERTIARY CENTRE IN INDIA”.
- Got best poster award from developing nation for -1. “Management of GI Lymphomas in elderly”- 2 Posters selected in 14th congress on GI cancer Barcelona,Spain 2.”Review of GI lymphoma an Indian study”.
- Poster in ELCC Geneva, Switzerland 2012. Comparative evaluation of concurrent versus sequential chemoradiation in limited stage small cell lung cancer -tertiary care centre (AIIMS) experience. Journal Of Thoracic Oncology, 2012;7(6):p S79.
- Poster in ARIOCON 12 JAIPUR “Radiation compliance in elderly head and neck cancer patients”.
- Received 2nd price for poster ”Malignant Chondroid Syringoma-a rare case report” in National CME on head and neck cancer at Gwalior.( March 09)
- Submitted 3 papers for (oral/poster) presentation for AROI-08(Mumbai), all three selected as posters.(1. “comparison of efficacy and cost effectiveness of different 5HT3 blockers” 2.” variation of response in ovarian cancer patients” 3.” spectrum of pediatric malignancies in Dep’t. of Radiotherapy, GMC Bhopal, an observational study”)
- Selected for oral paper in Tricity meet Singapore held in September(1-3) 2011 on, Comparative study of Paclitaxel and Cisplatin versus Methotrexate and Cisplatin as Neoadjuvant agents in advanced head and neck cancer.
Posts Held in Past
- Chief and Head Radiation Oncologist at CBCC USA Raipur Unit
- Visiting Oncologist for Narayana Hrudayalaya Raipur unit
- Consultant Radiation Oncologist at APOLLO Bhilai.
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist at Royal Cancer Hospital,Institute Kanpur.
- Senior Resident (Radiation/Clinical Oncology) at AIIMS Delhi (2009-Dec2012)
- Fellowship in Palliative/Pain care course (FIAPC) in 2011(AIIMS)