Dr. Siddharth Turkar completed his MBBS from Government Medical College, Nagpur. He has DM in Medical Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, July 2017. He also has European Certification of Medical Oncology. He is a gifted oncologist who has seen many cases of severe cancers and has practiced Haematological Malignancies.
Fields of Expertise
- GI Cancers
- Breast Cancer
- Bone, and Soft Tissue Tumour
- Haematological Malignancies
- Clinical Research
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- ESMO - European Society for Medical Oncology 2.
- EHA - The European Hematology Association 3.
- ISMPO - Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology
- Patil V, Joshi A, Noronha V, Deodhar J, Bhattacharjee A, Dhumal S, Chandrakanth MV, Karpe A, Talreja V, Chandrasekharan A, Turkar S , Ramaswamy A, Prabhash K. Expectations and preferences for palliative chemotherapy in head and neck cancer patients. Oral Oncol . 2016 Dec;63:10-15.
- Chougule A, Patil VM, Noronha V, Joshi A, Turkar S , Chandrasekharan A, Pande N, Bagayatkar P, Prabhash K. Incidence and impact of Dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase gene mutation on neoadjuvant chemotherapy in head and neck cancers. Oral Oncol. 2017 Jul;70:73-74.
- Joshi A, Patil V, Noronha V, Dhumal S, Pande N, Chandrasekharan A, Turkar S , DSouza H, Shrirangwar S, Mahajan A, Arya S, Juvekar S, BhattaCharjee A, Prabhash K.Results of a phase II randomized controlled clinical trial comparing efficacy of Cabazitaxel versus Docetaxel as second line or above therapy in recurrent head and neck cancer. Oral Oncol. 2017 Dec;75:54-60.
- Vijay Patil, Vanita Noronha, Amit Joshi, Jayita Deodhar, Savita Goswami, Santam Chakraborty, Anant Ramaswamy, Sachin Dhumal, Chandrakanth M.V., Ashay Karpe, Nikhil Pande, Vikas Talreja, Arun Chandrasekharan, Siddharth Turkar , and Kumar Prabhash. Distress management in head and neck cancer patients prior to start of palliative chemotherapy: A practical approach.ascopubs.org/doi/abs/10.1200/JGO.17.00044
English, Hindi, Marathi