Dr. Balaji M D has completed his MBBS from JJM Medical College, Davanagere in 2003. He has also completed his MD (Paediatric) from JJM Medical College, Davanagere in 2008. He has also completed DNB (Paediatric) from KEM Hospital, Mumbai in 2009. He has also completed his Diploma in Allergy & Asthma from Christian Medical College, Vellore in collaboration with International Asthma Services, USA Endorsed by American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology ( AAAAI) in 2010 Prior to joining NH he was working as Professor in Adichunchunagiri Institute of Medical Services, BG Nagar.
Fields of Expertise
Paediatrics, Neonatology, Paediatric Allergy & Asthama, Immunisation
Key Procedures Performed'
Resustication of extreme preterm babies, allergen skin testing
Kannada, English, Hindi and Malayalam
Professional Memberships& Certifications
- Indian Academy of Paediatrics - Life Member
- Indian Medical Association – Life Member
- Allergy & Asthama Network of India – Life Member
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Balaji MD, Koujalagi MB, Role of Glasgow Coma Scale in Paediatics Non – Traumatic Coma: Indian Journal of Trauma and Emergency Paediatics, 2012 July – Sep;4(3):89-93
- Balaji MD, Shaji SM, Sreedevi N. Modified Glasgow Coma Scale and Brainstem reflexes in predicting survival and outcome in children with Non-traumatic coma: a descriptive study. Ijptm. 2014oct-dec; 2(4):9-14.
- Balaji M D, Shaji SM, clinical profile and triggers of childhood asthma among patients diagnosed at paediatric asthma clinic. Ijptm.2015 Apr-Jun;3 (2):49-52.
- Venkatamurthy M., Balaji M D, Kedarnath Reddy T A study on the effect of phototherapy on platelet count in neonates with Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia in a tertiary care rural hospital. Int J Contemp Pediatr.2016 Feb;3(1):253-255.
- Venkat Murthy M, Balaji M D, Kedarnath Reddy T A Study on the effect of Phototherapy on Reticulocyte and Total Count in Neonates with Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia in a tertiary care rural hospital. Indian Journal of Trauma and Emergency Paediatrics. 2016;8(1):5-8.<.li>
- Balaji M D, Rugmini Kamalammal. Comparative study of rotahaler with metered dose inhaler in administering salbutamol in children with bronchial asthma. Int J Contemp Pediatr. 2016 Feb;3(1):229-233.
- Kamalammal R, Balaji M D. Association between iron deficiency anemia and various red cell parameters with febrile convulsions in children of age group 3 to 60 months. Int J Contemp Pediatr 2016;3:559-62.
- Balaji M D, Kamalammal R, Study of clinical profile and predisposing factors in children with culture-positive UTI in the age group 1 month to 5 years; Indian Journal of Trauma and Emergency Paediatrics; May-August 2016 Vol 8 (2): 61-65.
- Kamalammal R, Balaji M D, Age-stratified seroprevalence of cytomegalo virus in children; Paediatrics Review; International Journal of paediatric research (IJOPR); Vil 3(5) May 2016;351-356.