Dr. Viswanatha is a well-respected Neurologist with 35 years' experience treating patients for a variety of Neurological conditions. He is Board Qualified in Neurology and his areas of interest include Headache, Epilepsy, Stroke, Alzheimer's, Multiple Sclerosis, TBI and Spinal Cord Injuries. He is proficient in doing all Electro Neuro Diagnostics and has trained several of his Employees in conducting tests, such as EEGs, Nerve Conduction Studies and Evoked Potentials. He got additional training in programming and monitoring Vagus Nerve Stimulation in treating Intractable Epilepsy. He also initiated and directed TBI program at El Paso VA Medical Center and directed Spinal Cord Injury Program at El Paso VA for 7 years. He has served in various committees such as Infectious Committee, Medical Records Committee, Pain Management, Pharmacy and Therapeutic committees.
Key Procedures Peformed
- EG, EMG & Nerve Conduction studies
- Visual, Brain stem Auditory and Somatosensory
Fields of Expertise
Headache, Epilepsy, Stroke, Alzheimer, Multiple Sclerosis, TBI and Spinal Cord Injuries.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- American Academy of Neurology
- Board Qualified American Headache Society
- Neurologist, VA Medical Center
- Neurology Consultant, V Care Foundation, Mysore
- Chief Neurologist - VA Medical Centre
English, Kannada, Telugu