Having specialised training in paediatric haematology oncology. Dr. Tarangini Durgapppa brings along her expertise in diagnosing and treating various haematological and oncological disorders in children.
She is a specialist in treating various haematological conditions like thalassaemia, sickle-cell anaemia, refractory anaemia, Polycythemia, Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) and bleeding disorders including haemophilia and other clotting factor deficiencies.
She is an expert in managing childhood cancers like leukaemia,Lymphoma and solid tumours.
She’s also trained in diagnosing and managing immunodeficiency disorders and involved in stem cell transplant.
She has completed her MBBS from JJ MMC Davanagere and MD paediatrics from Bangalore and FNB Fellowship in national board and FCAP fellowship in Adrian Academy of paediatrics in paediatric haematology oncology and bone marrow transplant from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital New Delhi.
She has worked as an assistant professor in the division of paediatric haematology oncology at St John’s medical College Hospital Bangalore for 4 years before joining Narayana Multispeciality Hospital Mysore.
She is keen in providing comprehensive care for children with various benign and malignant haematological conditions She has been actively involved in several conferences workshops and presented paper at various national and international conferences.
- MD (Pediatrics)
- FNB (Pediatric Hematology Oncology)
Post held in past
- Assistant Professor, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Dept of Pediatrics, St John's Medical College, Hospital
Fields of Expertise
- Various types of Anemia ( Nutritional/ Hemolytic/ Aplastic Anemia)
- Bleeding disorders ( Hemophilia and other Factor deficiencies, Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) etc)
- Bone marrow Failure syndromes ( Fanconi Anemia etc)
- Haemato- Lymphoid malignancies ( ALL, AML, Hodgkins and Non Hodgkins Lymphoma)
- Solid tumors ( Soft tissue sarcomas, Bone tumors, Liver and Renal tumors etc)
- Histiocytic Disorders ( HLH, LCH)
Awards & Recognition
- St Jude VIVA, Singapore -Travel Bursary for poster presentation 2015
- Indian Cancer Society, Delhi - National Level quiz in Paediatric Oncology 2014
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP), IAP PHO
- James V, Prakash A, Mehta K, Durugappa T. Re-thinking treatment strategies for febrile neutropenia in pediatric oncology population: the perspective from a developing country. Infectious agents and cancer 2021;44(16)June
- Joseph J, Bharadwaj V, Durugappa T, Srinivasan R, Munikoti V, Prakash A et al. Dengue infection in children with Thalassemia: Is it different? Indian Journal of applied research 2019; June
- Prakash A, Tarangini D, Ramachandran P, Lalitha AV. Pleurodesis in pulmonary Langerhans cell histiocytosis in children: A life saving measure. Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol 2018
- Kongalappa S, Muni Reddy J, Durugappa T, D’Souza F, Subramanian S, Prakash A. Glanzman Thrombasthenia in children: Experience from a tertiary care center in South India. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2019;41:e68–e71.
- Vinay MV, Bharadwaj Vandana, Tarangini D, Ashish Mallige. Retinoblastoma: Time Ripe to Screen? Indian Journal of applied research 2019; 9(7)July
- Pediatric Benign Hematology and Bone marrow transplant (BMT)
English, Kannada, Hindi and Telugu