Dr. Lokesh presently works as a Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist & Laparoscopic surgeon at Narayana Multispecialty Hospital, Mysore. He joined Narayana Health in 2013. Earlier he worked as a fellow in Pancreatico-Biliary surgery at SGPGIMS, Lucknow and as a Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist in Vikram Jyoth Hospital, Mysore.
Fields of Expertise
- Experienced in the field of clinical and operative expertise in all subspecialties of surgical Gastroenterology including
- Upper GI Surgery
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Cortical Care and emergency surgery
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Member of Association of Surgeons of India(ASI), No. L-09
- Member of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterologist (IASG)
- Member of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
English, Hindi, Kannada
- Fulminant amebic colitis with lower GI Bleed with liver abscess. Int J Colorectal Dis, 2010, Apr 25(4):535-7
- Risk Factors for Development of Biliary Stricture in patients presenting with Bile Leak after Cholecystectomy, Gut and liver. Accepted for publication
- Successful outcome of refractory chronic constipation by surgical treatment in a series of 34 patients. Journal of Neurogastroenterology and Motility.
Dr. Lokesh HM has worked as consultant surgical Gastroenterologist for Vikram Hospital in Mysore. In addition he also has a six months worth of experience as a fellow in Pancreatic Biliary Surgery at SGPGIMS. He is well versed and experienced in all subspecialties of Surgical Gastroenterology including Upper GI Surgery, Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, Critical Care and emergency surgery etc. He also has experience in teaching and audit. Dr Lokesh H M has also presented papers and posters at both national and international conferences.