Dr. KeshavaMurthy.V completed his MBBS from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum in December 1994. He also completed MD (General Medicine) from Government Medical College, Mysore in September 2000. Dr. Keshavamurthy, then completed his DNB (General Medicine) in March 2003. He completed his DNB-CARDIOLOGY training from a world class cardiac territiary care centre,Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences in May 2006 and He was awarded GOLD MEDAL in his cardiology final examinations.
he is the fellow of various international organisations-
Fellow of European Society of Cardiology (FESC), Fellow of American College of Cardiology (FACC), Fellow of the Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (FSCAI).
He has started the department of cardiolgy at NH MYSORE in 20013, since then he led the department very succesfully and efficiently. He has vast teaching experience, he was visiting teaching faculty for DNB-Cardilogy programme at Sri Sathya Sai Superspeciality Hospital, Prashanthi gram, Puttaparthi. Ananthapur, Andrapradesh. He is the teaching faculty for TEXILA AMERICAN UNIVERSITY (TAU) -Noninvasive Cardiology course and under his guidence one batch students succesfully completed the course.He is also the guide and teaching faculty for international students who come for teaching programme. Presently he is Academic Head of department of cardiology for DNB-Cardiology Teaching Programme.
He is counted amongst the top heart speciality doctors in Mysore city while people from various parts of the nation visit him. With a versatile experience of around 15 years, he provides tertiary health care that meets global standards for cardiac patients. In this span of 15 years he has succesfully performed more than 6000 diagnostic procedure and more than 2000 successful cardiac interventions. He is expert in acute heart attack emergency interventions (primary angioplasty), complex coronary interventions, structural heart disease interventions , pacemaker implantations ect., presently he is the only cardiologist in Mysore performemed highest number of TAVI Procedures. He effortlessly combines modern technology with his clinical and academic skills to render quality treatment to the patients.
He knows the quality of his noble profession and dedicatedly works to make healthcare services accessible to the needy through continuous innovation. However, Dr. Keshava Murthy, a famous cardiologist in Mysore has surpassed the milestone of performing successful various complex cardiac interventions.
Area of Expertise
- Interventional Cardiology
Post held in past
- Presently Dr. Keshavamurthy V is a Consultant Cardiologist at Narayana Multispecialty Hospital, Mysore. He joined Narayana Health in 2013.
- Earlier he worked as a Junior consultant in Sree Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, Bangalore and as Interventional Cardiologist at Apollo BGS Hospital Mysore.
Fields of Experience
- Coronary angioplasties
- Complex coronary interventions
- Primary angioplasties congenital heart disease interventions
- Peripheral interventions
- Pulmonary valvular interventions
- Permanent pacemaker insertions
- ICD Implantations
- TAVI Procedures
- Endovascular interventions.
- Percutaneous transluminal septal myocardial ablation (PTSMA), in Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy patients – Immediate and short term follow up results in 2nd Annual conference and CME 2003 at KLES, JNMC, Belgaum.
- Percutaneous transluminal septal myocardial ablation (PTSMA), in Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy patients – Immediate and short term follow up results in CSI Annual National conference 2004 – Bangalore
- Percutaneous pulmonary valve balloon dilatation in valvular PS – Immediate and short term results in CSI Annual National conference 2004 – Bangalore
- Determinants of significant mitral regurgitation following percutaneous trans mitral commissurotomy (PTMC) in CSI Annual National conference 2004 – Bangalore
- Balloon dilatation in native coarctation of Aorta – Immediate and intermediate term follow up results in 15th APCC and 57th CSI Conference at Mumbai in December 2005
- Percutaneous aortic valve balloon dilation in congenital bicuspid aortic valve stenosis – Immediate and short term follow-up results in 15th APCC and 57th CSI Conference at Mumbai in December 2005
Rare/ Unique Skills
- Complex coronary interventions and TAVI procedures