Fields of Expertise
Cardiac Surgeries – CABG, Valve, Emergency Cardiac Operations viz CABG incl off-pump, valve repairs/replacements, LV aneurysms, transplant.
Dr. Ravi has over 20 years of experience and has performed numerous end-to-end cardiac surgeries. Apart from that, Dr. Ravi has clinical, teaching and research experiences. He was responsible for classes tutorials, practical coaching and lectures of Under-Graduate/Post-Graduate medical students and paramedical personnel during his teaching period.
- Omniscience valve in Mitral Valve Replacement
- A review of 53 cases submitted to the Bombay University.
- Clinical Study of benign prostatic hyperplasia submitted to Kuvempu University.
- Surgery for end stage aortic valve disease – submitted to STS meet 2003.
Kannada, English and Hindi
Awards & Recognition
- Jaycee Merit Award: Academic Excellence in SSC Examination, 1982
- Dr. GM Maheswarappa Gold Medal: 1st rank in MS ( General Surgery ), Kuvepu University, 1994
- Best paper award: An unusual case of Medistinal Tumour, Presented at the meeting of The Association of Surgeons of India, Bangalore, 2000
Professional Memberships& Certifications
- Karnataka & Maharashtra Med Councils, India
- General Medical Council, UK
- College of Phy & Surg, Ontario, Canada
Posts Held in Past
English, Kannada and Hindi