Dr. Vivek Rege is an qualified Pediatric Surgeon from SRCC Mumbai Hospital and is been practicing in Mumbai since 1990. Has a special interest in Newborn surgery, pediatric urology, antenatal diagnosis and counseling for surgical defects. Have been associated with top hospitals like Hurkisondas, Bombay, Saifee and Bhatia hospital, where he has done a number of very major cases with excellent results. While teaching at Wadia Children’s Hospital, Dr. Vivek have taught pediatric surgery skills to all my residents who are practicing all over Maharashtra, he conduct Specialty Clinics for Bedwetting, Voiding Dysfunction, and Constipation in Children and have got great results. Dr. Vivek have over 350 presentations in various conferences, CMEs etc and have 45 publications including chapters in textbooks like Fetal Medicine, Recent Advances In Pediatrics, and others Dr. Vivek have performed all major surgeries in newborns, infants, and older children, as well as routine major surgeries. Surgery to correct major defects like Tracheo Esophageal Fistula, Diaphragmatic zHernia, Intestinal Atresias, Anorectal Malformations, Posterior Urethral Valves, Vesico Ureteral Reflux, Duplications, Ureterocele, and many others
Fields of Expertise
- Neonatal Surgery
- Pediatric Urology
- Antenantal Counselling
Awards & Recognition
- 1ST IN MCH AND DNB PEDIATRIC SURGERY/ 1st in MCH and DNB Pediactric surgery
- U C Charaworthy award best paper annual conference
- Hargobind fellowhisp award for working abroad USA
Professional Memberships& Certifications
- Assosiations of surgeons of India
- Indian associations of pediatric surgeons
- India acedemy of Pediatric
- Indian Society for prenatal diagnosis & therapy
- Associations of medical consultants
- 1. Gandhi R.K., Rege V.M., Deshmukh S.S., Sane S.Y., : Bronchopulmonary foregut Malformation : Indian Journal of Surgery, Vol : 47, JUNE : 1985.
- 2. Rege V.M., Gandhi R.K., Deshmukh S.S., Farooq M.S., Sane S.Y., : Epithelial Cyst of the Spleen : Indian Journal of Surgery, Vol : 48 MAY : 1986.
- 3. Rege V.M., Deshmukh S.S., Borwankar S.S., Gandhi R.K. : Blind Ending Bifid Ureter : Journal of Postgraduate Medicine Vol : 32 : APRIL : 1986.
- 4. Rege V.M., Deshmukh S.S. : Megacystis Microcolon Intestinal Hypoperistalsis Syndrome : Indian Journal of Surgery Vol : 50 : FEB. 1988.
- 5. Rege V.M., Deshmukh S.S. : Major thoracic trauma in Children : Journal of Postgraduate Medicine (Accepted for Publication). Vol: 34 : APRIL : 1988.
English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujrati