Dr. Rasik S Shah has done his M.B.B.S. from the University of Bombay and has completed his Superspecialisation (Paedictric Surgery) from Grant Medical College. He has successfully commenced his fellowship training at the University of Tennessee where he recieved the opportunity to work with the leading doctors in the field of Laparoscopic and Thoracoscopic Paediatric Surgery. His pioneering work in the Minimally Invasive Surgery in children has made him the recipient of several awards and prizes.
Fields of Expertise
- Oncosurgery and Urology
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- First in the M Ch Paediatric Surgery Examination held by the Bombay University in October, 1991.
- Co-Chairman for scientific meetings held at “Conwest Jain Clinic Group of Hospitals” Girgaum, Mumbai (2000-2008).
- Marquis who’s who: Biography published in 2009.
- Received Puranchand Gupta Memorial Award for 2015 for excellent contribution to IAPS.
- Best Video Prize’ for a video titled “Laparoscopically assisted enterolithotomy for gallstone ileus” presented at Annual Conference of Maharashtra Chapter of ASI 2002, Nasik.
- 1. Shah RS, Kaddu S J and Kirtane J M. Benign Mature Teratoma of the Large Bowel: A case report. J Pediatr Surg 31:701-2, 1996.
- 2. Shah R S, Neto P N An Innovative Technique for Laparoscopic Cannula Stabilization and Fixation. Journal of Paediatric Endosurgery & Innovative Techniques 1: 59-62,1997.
- 3. Shah R, Chen M K, Gross E, Rao B N, Schropp K P, Lobe T E. The Role of Laparoscopic Lymph Node Sampling in Children. Journal of Paediatric Endosurgery and Innovative Techniques 1:33-38,1997.
- 4. Shah RS, Chen M K, Lobe T E, Bufo A J, Gross E, Whitington G L. Laparoscopic Common Bile Duct Exploration in a Child with Recurrent Pancreatitis due to a Primary Fungal Ball in the Terminal Common Bile Duct. J Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques 7:63-8,1997.
- 5. Gross E, Chen M K, Shah RS, Lobe T E. Laparoscopic Approach for Enteral Nutrition in Paediatric Oncology Patients. Journal of Paediatric Endosurgery & Innovative Techniques 1:87-90,1997.
- 6. Chen M K, Gross E, Bufo A J, Shah R, Schropp K P, Lobe T E. Initial experience with Laparoscopic Assisted Pull-Thru for Hirschsprung’s Disease. Journal of Paediatric Endosurgery and Innovative Technique 1:91-94,1997.
- 7. Bufo A J, Chen M K, Lobe T E, Shah R S, Gross E, Schropp K P. Laparoscopic Fundoplication in Children: A Superior Technique. Journal of Paediatric Endosurgery and Innovative Techniques 1:71-76,1997.
- 8. Shah RS, Varela P J, Merry C M. Selective Ventilation Using A Fogarty Balloon Catheter as A Bronchial Blocker: An Essential Technique for Paediatric Thoracoscopic Surgery. Paediatric Endosurgery & Innovative Techniques 1:147-50,1997.
- 9. Merry C, Varela P J, Shah RS, Blakely M L. Gasless Laparoscopy with Standard Instrumentation: Initial Experience with Tenckhoff Catheter Placement. Paediatric Endosurgery and Innovative Techniques 1:197-201,1997.
- 10. Bufo A J, Merry C M, Shah RS, Cyr N, Schropp K P, Lobe T E. Laparoscopic pyloromyotomy: A Safer Technique. Paediatric Surgery International 13:240-42, 1998.
Posts Held in the past
- Paediatric Endosurgeon Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai 1/5/2000 to 19/07/2002
- Visiting Consultant B. Y. L. Nair Hospital, Mumbai 15/06/2000-2003
- Paediatric Surgeon Conwest Jain Clinic Group of Hospitals 15/11/1998 to 31/12/2009
- Paediatric Surgeon Sir H. N Hospital And MRC 20/08/2002 to 31/01/2012
English, Hindi, Gujarati