Dr. Divyata Ashar has done MD Radiology from Seth G S Medical College and KEM Hospital, DM Neuroradiology (Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology) from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram. She has also done a Fellowship in Paediatric Neuroradiology from Hospital for Sick Children,Toronto, Canada. Dr. Divyata is proficient in diagnosis and evaluation of congenital brain anomalies, metabolic disorders, epilepsy imaging, brain tumors, movement disorders, acute stroke and other vascular disorders. She has over 17 publications under her name and has presented several papers and poster in various national and international conferences.
- DM (Neuro Radiology), Fellow (Neuro Radiology)
Fields of Expertise
- Diagnosis and evaluation of congenital brain anomalies
- Diagnosis and evaluation of metabolic disorders
- Epilepsy imaging
- Diagnosis and evaluation of brain tumors
Awards & Recognition
- Dr Mukund S. Warawdekar Memorial award for best resident in Radiology 2008, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
- First prize in the quiz conducted in MRI Update conference, December 2014, Mumbai
- Hingwala DR, Sanghvi DA, Shenoy AS, Dange NN, Goel AH. Colloid cyst of the velum interpositum: a common lesion at an uncommon site. Surg Neurol. 2009 Aug;72(2):1824.
- Hingwala D, Kesavadas C, Thomas B, Kapilamoorthy TR. Clinical utility of susceptibility weighted imaging in vascular diseases of the brain. Neurol India. 2010 JulAug;58(4):602
- Hingwala DR, Thomas B, Kesavadas C, Kapilamoorthy TR. Suboptimal contrast opacification of head and neck MR angiography due to venous stasis and reflux – Technical considerations for optimization. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2011 Feb;32(2):3104
- Hingwala DR, Kesavadas C, Thomas B, Kapilamoorthy TR, Neelima Radhakrishnan, VV Radhakrishnan. Advanced MR imaging in Rosai Dorfman disease: Correlation with pathology. J Neuroradiol. 2010 Nov 18. [Epub ahead of print]
- Radhakrishnan N, Menon G, Hingwala DR, Radhakrishnan VV. Nonfunctioning pituitary adenoma and concomitant Rathke's cleft cyst. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2011 Jul- Sep;54(3):64951
- Hingwala DR, Chatterjee S, Kesavadas C, Thomas B, Kapilamoorthy TR. Applications of 3D CISS sequence for problem solving in neuroimaging. Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging. 2011 Apr;21(2):907
- Vaghela V, Hingwala DR, Kapilamoorthy TR, Kesavadas C, Thomas B. Spontaneous Intracranial Hypo and Hypertensions: An imaging review. Neurology India. 2011 Jul-Aug;59(4):50612.
- Neelima R, Easwer HV, Kapilamoorthy TR, Hingwala DR, Radhakrishnan VV. Embryonal tumor with multilayered rosettes: Two case reports with a review of the literature. Neurol India. 2012 JanFeb;60(1):969
- Radhakrishnan N, Nair NS, Hingwala DR, Kapilamoorthy TR, Radhakrishnan VV. Tanycytic ependymoma of filum terminale: a case report.Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2012 Feb;114(2):169-71. Epub 2011 Nov 5
- Lingegowda D, Thomas B, Vaghela V, Hingwala DR, Kesavadas C, Sylaja PN. 'Susceptibility sign' on susceptibility weighted imaging in acute ischemic stroke. Neurol India. 2012 MarApr;60(2):1604.