Dr. Nitin Mokal completed his M.Ch. (Plastic Surgery) after completing M.S. (General Surgery) from the University of Bombay and went on to purse a DNB (Plastic Surgery). He pursued a Clinical Research & Teaching Fellowship at the National University Hospital, Singapore (1992-1993) and further advanced his knowledge in the field of Cranio-Facial reconstructive surgery as a fellow at Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan, 1996. He was honored with the first Dr Ian Jackson’s Award of Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI) for Craniofacial Surgery (2016). He exclusively does Cranio-facial work such as Cranio-Facial Intracranial procedures with Neurosurgeons and also in cases of Cranio- Maxillofacial Trauma & Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. He has been a part of The Smile Train Project (New York) which treats patients with Cleft Lip and Palate Free of cost and have performed more than 3000 procedures. For the past many years, Dr. Mokal has been actively involved in teaching post graduate courses as Honorary Professor Plastic Surgery at the Grant Medical College & Sir J J Group of Hospitals and has a total teaching experience in the field of plastic surgery of over 20 years. He has also been a part of many national and international workshops and trainings both as a trainee and faculty. He has over 40 publications to his credit which include journal articles, brief communications and book chapters. He also does voluntary work with Impact India Foundation for operating Cleft Lip patients On Life Line Express (Hospital on Wheels) in remote areas. He was organizing chairman of International Aesthetic Surgery Tutorials conducted for five consecutive years.
- MCh (Plastic Surgery), DNB (Plastic Surgery)
Fields of Experience
- Craniofacial Distraction Osteogenesis
- Correction of Cleft lip nose deformity
- Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Awards & Recognition
- First Dr. Ian Jackson’s Award of Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI) for Craniofacial Surgery (2016)
- Won many prizes at intercollegiate events in painting, sketching, Rangoli, Photography & Clay modeling
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- President of Indian Society of Cleft Lip Palate & Craniofacial Anomalies, 2014-15
- Founder Member of Indian Society of Cleft Lip Palate & Craniofacial Anomalies ISCLP & CA
- Executive Council Member of Association of Plastic Surgeons of India
- National Academy of Burns and AO International
- He is fond of nature and gardening and every year he plants ten trees and see to that they survive.
English, Hindi, Marathi