Dr. Amdekar is amongst the finest Pediatricians in the country with an experience in Paediatrics of over 50 years. He has done DCH from the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Bombay and MD (Pediatrics) from Bombay University, followed by FIAP (Fellow of Indian Academy of Pediatrics).
He has been actively involved in teaching. He is a teacher and guide for the DNB (Diplomate of National Board) programme. He has been teaching even after his retirement. He has taught undergraduate and postgraduate students of Grant Medical College, Mumbai (1969 to 2001) and Nursing School, J.J Hospital, Mumbai (1969 to 1985). Dr. Amdekar also conducts free weekly sessions for postgraduate students with the help of his colleagues. Over the last 30 years, he has guided many students for the Doctorate Degree. He has been an Examiner for PhD at SNDT University, Examiner for MRCPCH at Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health London, Examiner for Diplomate of National Board (DNB) all India examination and Regional Advisor for Asia (2012-14) at the Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health London.
Dr. Amdekar has been invited as a faculty in City, State and National conferences of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics and Indian Medical Association over several years and also in international conferences. He was also invited as a speaker in USA, China, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Hongkong, Philippines, Finland and Singapore. Dr. Amdekar was invited as a Visiting Professor for 3 weeks at the National University of Singapore. He has conducted more than 100 interactive programs all over the country in last two years.
He has numerous publications in national and international journals to his credit and has authored several books on Paediatrics. Dr. Amdekar has also established a Pediatric Clinical Pharmacology unit at the Institute of Child Health, Grant Medical College.
- DCH, MD (Pediatrics), FIAP (Fellow of Indian Academy of Pediatrics)
Fields of Experience
- General Paediatrics
Awards & Recognition
- "Dr. Shantilal Sheth oration" - Indian Academy of Pediatrics
Professional Memberships & Certifications
Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Hon Treasurer (1990-92)
- General secretary (1992-94)
- President (1995)
- Founder Trustee of Heinz Nutrition Foundation of India (since inception - till date)
- Founder Trustee of Rousel Foundation of India (1982 to 1990)
- Founder member of ACASH — non-governmental organization related to health issues
- Trustee of charitable organisation — "Foundation for mother and child health"
- Founder Trustee of charitable organization "Together" devoted to teaching life skills to children with autism spectrum disorders
Authored five books in Pediatrics
- Pediatric Priorities in Office Practice
- Lessons for Grand Rounds
- Lessons from Grand Rounds 1
- Lessons from Grand Rounds for Office Practice
- STEER (Sensitizing to Think, Enabling Excellence and Rationality)
- Contributed to publications and editorials in Indian Pediatrics – official journal of Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Published a book for parents
- Even When There Is A Doctor
English, Hindi, Marathi