Dr. Prahalad Ghanshyam Samdani has completed MBBS, DNB (Paediatrics) and DCH from Grant Medical College, Mumbai. He has over 45 years of experience in the field of Paediatrics. He is a Post Graduate Teacher for MD (Paediatrics) and DNB (Paediatrics), Hon. Paediatrician in to the Governor of Maharashtra, Consultant Paediatrician and MD Teacher at University of Seyechelles, American Institute of Medicine. He has conducted GCP Training, Formal training, Investigator meeting trainings and Study initiation Meetings. Dr. Prahalad Samdani has also completed phase 3 trials for safety, tolerability & immunogenicity of chicken pox vaccination with Varivax in healthy Indian children on behalf of M.S.D.USA on 14th March 2006. He has been invited as a speaker on “Cyber Conference” by IERC International Eneuresis Research Centre at Ghent Belgium, 2000. He has also been invited as a speaker in many scientific meetings in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore and Surat. Dr. Prahalad has chaired sessions in annual conference of IAP at Cochin and has been a Chairperson in many scientific sessions in Mumbai.
- MD (Paediatrics), DCH
Fields of Experience
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
Professional Memberships& Certifications
- Founder, President of Indian Children’s Continence Society (ICCS) affiliated to I.C.C.S. Denmark
- Hon. Vice President Research Society, Grant Medical College J.J Hospital
- Principal author for case report-Pancreatic fibrocalcinosis, variety of malnutrition related Juvenile Diabetes Mellitus
- Principal author for double blind comparative study of two Chloramhenicol combinations with Broxyouinoloine Brobansoxaidine & with Streptomycin. B.H. JOURNAL VOL.12NO.2 APRIL 1970
- Principal author for Bronchial Asthma B.H.J VOL 17 No.3 JULY 1975
- Author of article on Hypertension in Children & Adolescents, in Tropical Pediatrics Golden Jubilee Commemoration, J.J. Hospital, 1978
- Principal author in case report-Bilateral carotid artery occlusion B.H.J. VOL 25 no3,1983
- Principal author for prognostic value of Cytobiochemical changes in children with pyogenic meningitis. Indian journal of Pediatrics50,507,510 IN 1983
- Principal author in First case of Full-Blown A.I.D.S in India at 1 month of age, proven on post mortem. IAP journal 1992
- Principal author in rare case report of Neurobrucellosis. IAP 2003 June 17.VOL 40.
- Compiled a chapter on Hypertension In Children in Text Book of Pediatrics.2nd edn.IAP.
- Author of article on Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Respiratory Chapter of IAP 1998
- Completed phase 3 trials for safety, tolerability & immunogenicity of chicken pox Vaccination with Varivax in healthy Indian children on behalf of M.S.D.USA on 14th March 2006
- Superior Mesentric Artery Syndrome J.I.P July 2006
- Congenital Central Hypoventilation Syndrome IJP VOL 24 Oct 2007