Dr Rakesh Shah has 48 cases of Colorectal Injuries under his belt. He excels in the Comparison of Standard Invertogram and Prone Shoot Through. His experiences include Massive Life-threatening GI bleeding in children, Value of Immunoreactive Trypsin in a Surgical Neonate with Meconium Ileus, Normal and Abnormal fetal anatomy with a special relation to congenital malformation. He has also studied Immune function in children following major and minor surgical procedures.
Fields of Expertise
- Neonatal Surgery
- Minimal Access Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
Posts Held in the past
- Senior Research Associate - Paediatric Surgery (Pool Officer) BYL Nair Charitable Hospital & TN Medical College, Mumbai 17.2.95 to 16.2.97
- Higher Surgical Training Paediatric Surgery (Overseas Experience) - Royal Hospital for Sick Children Glasgow UK 1.5.93 to 31.7.94
- Lecturer Paediatric Surgery Seth G.S.Medical College, KEM Hospital, Mumbai 1.12.90 to 30.4.93
- Registrar Paediatric Surgery Seth G.S.Medical College, K.E.M.Hospital, Mumbai 1.6.88 to 30.11.90
- Registrar General & Paediatric Surgery BYL Nair Charitable Hospital & TN Medical College, Mumbai 1.3.87 to 31.5.88
- Senior House Officer - Gen. Surg. Urology G.I.Surg. & Orthopedics BYL Nair Charitable Hospital & TN Medical College, Mumbai 1.2.85 to 27.2.87
- Pre-Registration Internship Resident Intern (JHO) TN Medical College, Mumbai 19.12.83 to 18.12.84
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons.
- British Association of Paediatric Surgeons.
- Indian Association of Paediatrics.
- Association of Surgeons of India.
- Indian Medical Association.
- 15 in National And International Journals.
Neonatal Surgery, Minimal Access Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Urology.