Dr. Saurav Samantray is one of the few dedicated Paediatric Neurosurgeons in India. In a neurosurgical career spanning 12 years, he has 5 years of exclusive Paediatric Neurosurgery experience. He has worked at some of the best Paediatric Neurosurgery centres internationally and nationally like the Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, Birmingham Children’S Hospital, Wadia Children’s Hospital, Mumbai.
- MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MCh ( Neurosurgery)
- Fellowships in Paediatric Neurosurgery:
1. Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, UK
2. Birmingham Children’s Hospital, UK
3. IndSPN Fellowship, BJ Wadia Hospital, Mumbai
Fields of Expertise
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Oncology (Brain and Spine tumours)
- Spina Bifida (Dysraphisms)
- Vascular surgery
Awards & Recognition
- Best Paper in Neurosurgery- Bombay Neurosciences Association Meeting , January 2016
- ‘Young Neurosurgeon Scholarship’ at XVI World Congress of Neurosurgery.( WFNS, Istanbul 2017)
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Neurological Society of India
- Indian Society for Paediatric Neurosurgery
- International Postgraduate Deanery, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Misra BK, Samantray SK, Churi ON. Application of fluorescein sodium videoangiography in surgery for spinal arteriovenous malformation. J Clin Neurosci. 2017 Apr;38:59-62.
- Munjal S, Warade A, Samantray S, Madiwale C, Desai K. Dorsolumbar spine Epstein Barr virus associated leiomyosarcoma in a human immunodeficiency virus patient. Neurol India 2017;65:664-6.
- Deopujari CE, Padayachy L, Azmi A, Figaji A, Samantray SK. Neuroendoscopy for post-infective hydrocephalus in children. Childs Nerv Syst. 2018 .Oct;34(10):1905-1914.
- Saurav Samantray (2020). ‘Neural tube defects’ in C.E.Deopujari (ed) ‘Paediatric Hydrocephalus’ Mumbai: Salubris, Chapter 25 , pp: 1-15
Key Procedures Performed
- Hemispherotomy for Epilepsy
- Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy for Hydrocephalus
- Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy for spasticity
- Repair of Various spinal dyraphisms like Meningomyelocoeles, Limited Dorsal Myeloschisis, Split cord Malformations, Dermal Sinus, Spinal cord Lipomas etc.
- Resection of Brain and Spine tumours.
English, Hindi, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali