Dr. Mandar Agashe is a fellowship trained Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon, board certified at state and national level. He has completed his fellowships at various centres of repute like the Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for children, Mumbai, Korea University Medical Centre, Guro Hospital, Seoul, South Korea and the Rady Children's Hospital, San Diego, USA. He has won many national and international awards like the POSI - professor Kaye Wilkins award 2011, and the POSNA-COUR award, 2016. He has more than 25 publications in international Peer reviewed journals and more than ten chapters in reputed textbooks of Paediatrics and Orthopaedics.
Dr. Mandar Agashe has given invited lectures at various national and international conferences and has been the convenor for the prestigious Bombay Orthopaedic Society “Operative Paediatric Orthopaedic course”. His speciality is Paediatric and adolescent hip disorders and has been called for live demonstration of surgeries at various places in India for the same. He is very interested in teaching and research and has been called as a faculty at various PG teaching courses.
Fields of Expertise
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Adolescent And Paediatric Hip Disorders
- Paediatric Trauma
- Deformity correction
- Skeletal Dysplasia
Key Procedures Performed
- Complex Hip and pelvic osteotomies for various Paediatric and Adolescent hip disorders
- Minimally invasive CT guided treatment of Osteoid Osteomas
- Complex reconstructive surgeries for Obstetric Brachial plexus palsy
- Reconstructive surgeries for benign and malignant Paediatric Bone tumours
Rare/ Unique Skills
- Surgical dislocation of the Paediatric Hip
- Hip and Pelvic osteotomies.
Awards & Recognition
- POSNA-COUR award, 2016- (given by Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America annually to only about 4 people all over the world)
- POSI- Professor Kaye- Wilkins’ award, 2011
- Vice-Chancellor’s order of Merit, Maharashtra University of health Sciences, 2003
- RG Kurulkar Gold Medal for Surgery, 2003
- Finalist for “Masalawala Best paper award, WIROC, 2017 and 2011
- Finalist for “Best paper award,” POSICON, 2014, Ahmedabad
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of India
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association
- Bombay Orthopaedic Society.
- Executive Council Member, Bombay Orthopaedic Society, 2018-2020.
- Agashe MV, Dhamele J, Vaidya SV, Chauhan H, Naik P, Nagda TV. CT guided percutaneous Drilling of Osteoid Osteomas: A safe, minimally invasive and cost- effective method. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics, 2019 (In Press)
- Agashe MV, Shah A, Phadke S, Vaidya SV. Congenital absence of patella and distal quadriceps mechanism: Case report and review of literature. J Bone Joint Surg (Am) - Case Connector. (In Press)
- Agashe MV, Parikh S, Shah A. Rare presentation of forearm deformity in Hereditary multiple exostosis: Case report and review of Literature. J Bone Joint Surg (Am) - Case Connector. (In Press)
- Agashe MV, Song SH, Tong XB, Hong JH, Song HR. Subtrochanteric valgus osteotomy with monolateralexternal fixator in hips for patients with severe cerebral palsy. Orthopedics. 2013 Feb;36(2):e139-46.
- Monazzam S, Agashe MV, Hosalkar H. Reliability of Overcoverage Parameters with Varying Pincer Morphology: Comparison of EOS and Conventional Radiography. Clin Orthop Relat Res –, 2013.\
- Monazzam S, Bomar JD, Agashe MV, Zeibarth K, Hosalkar HS. Does Femoral Rotation Influence AP Alpha Angle, Lateral CE Angle and Medial Proximal Femoral Angle? A Pilot Study. Clin Orthop Relat Res, Nov 2012 (Epub)
- Agashe MV, Song SH, Refai MA, Park KW, Song HR. Congenital pseudarthrosis of the tibia treated with combination of Ilizarov’s technique with intramedullary rodding: A preliminary report. Acta Orthop Oct8, 2012(epub)
- Song SH, Balce GCE, Agashe MV, Lee H, Hong SJ, Park YE, Kim SG, Song HR. New proposed clinic-radiologic and molecular criteria in hypochondroplasia: FGFR 3 gene mutations are not the only ones causing hypochondroplasia. Am J Med Gen A (In Press). 2012.
- Kim SJ, Agashe MV, Song SH, Song HR. “Comparison between upper and lower limb lengthening in Achondroplasia: A retrospective study”. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2012 Jan;94(1):128-33. PubMed PMID: 22219260
- Thatte MR, Agashe M, Rathod C, Lad P, Mehta R. An approach to the supraclavicular and infraclavicular aspects of the brachial plexus. Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg. 2011 Sep;15(3):188-97. PubMed PMID: 21869653.
- Agashe MV, Samant A, Aroojis AJ. Convergent Radioulnar Translocation With Radial Head Fracture in a Child: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. J Orthop Trauma. 2011 Aug 20
- Agashe MV, Phadke S, Agashe VM, Patankar H. “A new method of Locked intramedullary nailing for spiral and comminuted fractures of metacarpals: A series of 21 cases” Hand, 2011, DOI- 10.1007/s11552-011-9350-8
English, Marathi, Hindi, Gujarati