Dr. Chasanal Rathod is a Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon attached to various hospitals across Mumbai. She has been trained extensively at renowned National and International Institutes, like BJ Wadia Hospital for Children, Severance Children's Hospital Seoul, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and Hospital for Sick Children Toronto. She is a well-known speaker and faculty at various National and International Conferences and meetings. She is a recipient of various awards like Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America-POSNA COUR Scholar Award at Toronto in 2013, Marcela Uribe Zamudio Award by SICOT at Rio Di Janerio in 2014, American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine Travelling Scholar Award at Anaheim in 2019.
Fields of Expertise
- Paediatric Neuromuscular Disorders
- Deformity Correction
- Obstetric Brachial Plexus Palsy
Key Procedures Performed
- Neuromuscular disorders - mainly Cerebral Palsy
- Gait analysis
- Deformity correction
- Graduation and Post-graduation(MS Orthopaedics) from Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sewagram Maharashtra
- Clinical fellowship in Paediatric Orthopaedics at Severance Hospital, Seoul, South Korea.
- International Visiting Scholar at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, USA.
- POSNA Scholar at the Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada.
- BOS fellowship and Research Fellow at B.J Wadia Hospital for Children
Awards & Recognition
- International Scholar award in Paeditric Orthopaedic Society of North America Annual Meeting in Toronto in 2013.
- The Marcella Uribe Zamudio Award by SICOT at XXVI SICOT Triennial World Congress 2014 at Rio 2014
- American Academy of Cerebral palsy and Developmental Medicine- Travelling Scholar Award at Anaheim California 2019
- Authored articles in national and international journals
- Faculty in various teaching courses and workshops and conferences on Paediatric Orthopaedics
English, Hindi, Marathi