Dr Taral Nagda is one of the country's top Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeons with a special interest in the management of Cerebral Palsy, Hip Preservation in Children and Deformity correction. He has innovated techniques like Percutaneous Myofascial Release (PMFR) for muscle lengthening in cerebral palsy and minimally invasive deformity correction. He had an outstanding academic career as UG and PG at Seth Medical College and KEM and learnt art and science of Children's Orthopaedics from San Antonio and San Diego USA. He is a director of Jupiter Gait Analysis Lab and an active researcher with many national and international publications. He has a keen interest in gadgets and conducts an annual computer skills course for orthopaedic surgeons and is the webmaster of Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of India. He extends his services to economically challenged through free camps in India and Abroad and on Lifeline express and is on medical advisory board of Impact India Foundation and ADAPT.
• Percutaneous Myofascial Release (PMFR) for muscle lengthening in cerebral palsy
• Minimally invasive deformity correction
Fields of Expertise
• Management of Cerebral Palsy
• Hip Preservation in Children
• Deformity correction
Professional Memberships and Certifications
• Indian Orthopaedic Association
• Bombay Orthopaedic Society
• Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of India
• Social Orthopaedics society of India
• Patwardhan S, Shyam AK, Sancheti P, Arora P, Nagda T, Naik P. Adult presentation of congenital muscular torticollis: a series of 12 patients treated with a bipolar release of sternocleidomastoid and Z-lengthening. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2011 Jun;93(6):828-32.
• Pardiwala DN, Nagda TV. Arthroscopic chondral cyst excision in a stiff Perthes' hip. Arthroscopy. 2007 Aug;23(8):909.e1-4. Epub 2006 Nov 27.
• Nagda TV, Singh H, Kandoi M, Samant A, Patel BR. Two stage reconstruction for the Shepherd's crook deformity in a case of polyostotic fibrous dysplasia. J Postgrad Med. 1997 Jul-Sep;43(3):83-4.
• D'Souza H, Aroojis A, Yagnik MG, Nagda TV. Rotation fasciocutaneous flap for neglected club feet--a new technique. J Postgrad Med. 1996 Oct-Dec;42(4):112-4
• Deshpande SS, Taral N, Modi N, Singrakhia M. Changing epidemiology of neonatal septic arthritis. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2004 Jun;12(1):10-3.
English and Hindi