Dr. Sneha Shah has done MS (Ophthalmology) from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur. She has over 10 years of experience in the field. Dr. Sneha has been an Oculoplastics fellow at the world-renowned Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, where she honed her clinical and surgical skills with stalwarts such as Prof. Richard Collins, Prof. Geoffrey Rose and Mr. Daniel Ezra. Following this she worked as Consultant at Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, UK. She was responsible for developing and expanding the department of Oculoplasty, building links with other departments within the hospital and units across the UK, to provide comprehensive care through a multidisciplinary approach. She was closely involved with the National Retinoblastoma Registry under the aegis of ICMR. She has gained Specialty training & Fellowships in
- Ocular Adnexal (Oculoplastics) fellowship at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London
- Training in Aesthetics and Reconstructive surgery with Dr Tanuj Nakra at Texas Oculoplastics Consultants, Austin, TX, USA
- Clinical Observational Fellowship with Dr Jeffery Nerad at Cincinnati Eye Institute, Cincinnati, USA
- And many more
She has carried out research in eyelid tumours and ocular surface tumours and was invited to present a paper on Sebaceous Gland Tumours at the Annual conference of American Academy of Ophthalmology. She has been faculty at various national and international conferences and has numerous presentations and publications in peer-reviewed indexed journals to her credit. She is abreast with the latest management protocols and believes in evidence-based practice.
- MS (Ophthalmology)
Fields of Experience
- Facial Aesthetics
- Brow lift
- Ptosis correction
- Scar revision
- Botox and fillers
- Management of eyelid disorders and lacrimal disorders
- Reconstructive surgeries
- Ocular oncology
Awards & Recognition
- Silver Medalist in MS Ophthalmology in Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University
- 2nd prize in Post graduate thesis competition conducted by Academic and Research Committee at AIOC, Cochin, 2012 and awarded the Toshbro Oertli scholarship for the same
- “Excellence in Academic research” award, by the AIOS in AIOC, Cochin, 2012
- Ali, Mohammad, Shah, Sneha J, Honavar, Santosh G. “Diagnostic Modalities in Intraocular Malignancies.” Diagnostic Procedures in Ophthalmology. 3rd Ed. HV Nema. 2014. 404-412. Print.
- Khan P, Khan L, Gupta J, Singh PK, Agrawal S. Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Cornea: Diagnosed on Cytology. Journal of Case Reports. 2013; 3(1):44-47.
- Shah SJ, Ali MJ, Mulay K, Honavar SG, Reddy VA. Primary intraocular malignant extrarenal rhabdoid tumor: a clinicopathological correlation. J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus. 2013 Apr 30;50 Online:e18-20.
- Mulay K, White VA, Shah SJ, Honavar SG. Sebaceous carcinoma: clinicopathologic features and diagnostic role of immunohistochemistry (including androgen receptor). Can J Ophthalmol. 2014 Aug;49(4):326-32.
- Mulay K, Shah SJ, Aggarwal E, White VA, Honavar SG. Periocular sebaceous gland carcinoma: do androgen receptor (NR3C4) and nuclear survivin (BIRC5) have a prognostic significance? Acta Ophthalmol. 2014 Dec;92(8)