Dr. Himika Gupta did her MBBS from the prestigious Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital Parel, Mumbai. After doing her MS ophthalmology, she trained in ocular oncology at the LV Prasad Eye institute (Hyderabad) and was involved in the National Retinoblastoma Registry under ICMR. There after she trained at the KBHB Eye and ENT hospital Mumbai and worked with the cancer genetics team at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. She further specialized in her interests by training in Canada, at the Hospital for Sick Children, the University of Toronto and the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. She worked at the Ocular Oncology service at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre (Canada). She has been a clinical visitor at premiere American institutes including Wills Eye Institute (Philadelphia), Cleveland Clinic (Ohio) and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre (New York). She has trained in facial aesthetics, Botox, cosmetology and silicone oculofacial prosthesis. She worked at Narayana Nethralaya Bangalore as consultant ocular oncologist and was co-incharge of the retinoblastoma services there. Her areas of expertise include Orbito facial reconstruction after trauma or cancer resections, tear duct disorders, cosmetic lid surgeries, eye sparing treatment of eye cancers, vision therapy, cancer genetics and oculofacial prosthesis. She has also been a Reviewer of Saudi Journal of Ophthalmology (Oculoplasty section) and Journal of Ophthalmology visual sciences, official journal of KOS, (Ocular Oncology section).
- MS, DNB (Ophthalmology), Fellow in Oculoplasty
Fields of Experience
- Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery
- Ocular Oncology
- Eye Prosthesis
- Visual Rehabilitation
Awards & Recognition
- February 2016, Mumbai, IN. Nature Review Poster Award; “Minimally Invasive Reconstruction of socket defects using autologous fat”. Scientific Poster, Conference of New Ideas in Cancer by the Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai
- February 2014, Agra IN. 1st Prize: Case Report: Rare case of Neurothecoma and Carney complex. Scientific E poster, Annual conference of All India ophthalmology society
- December 2013, Hyderabad “Confluence-International meet on Oculoplasty and Neuro ophthalmology” Best Scientific Video Award:‘Eye Can Save Lives’
- February 2012, Hyderabad “Fusion-International Masters Course” 2nd runner up, part of 3-member team in Oculoplasty Quiz
- January 2010, Kolkata AIOC - Ophthalmology Quiz 2010- 3rd runner up, part of the 3-member quiz team in All India Ophthalmological Conference and 15th Afro-Asian congress of Ophthalmology
Professional Memberships& Certifications
- Member of ISMR (International society of maxillofacial reconstruction)
- Member of National Retinoblastoma Interest group (in collaboration with ‘CANKIDS’)
- Life Member of All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS).
- Life Member of Oculoplasty Association of India (OPAI).
- Life Member of Cosmetic dermatological Society of India (CSI)
- Life Member of “Cannon Edge” (for amateur &professional Digital SLR photography)
- Life Member of Andhra Pradesh Ophthalmological Society (APOS)
- Life Member of Nagpur Academy of ophthalmology (NAO)
- Life Member of Delhi Ophthalmological Society (DOS)
- Ali MJ, Gupta H., Honavar S.G., Naik M. Acquired Nasolacrimal Duct Obstructions Secondary to Naso-Orbito-Ethmoidal Fractures: Patterns and Outcomes. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 2012; 28:242–245
- Ali MJ, Gupta H., Naik M., Honavar S.GEndoscopic Guided Single Self-Linking Silicone Stent in Pediatric External Dacryocystorhinostomy . Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol. 2013 Sep;22(5):266-70
- Gupta H.,Kane SV,Vidyashankar B. Congenital bilateral punctual agenesis with mucocele:Challenges in management.Saudi J Ophthalmol. 2014 Jan;28(1):72-5
- Murthy R., Gupta H.Novel surgical technique for the management of partial cryptophthalmos. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2014 Nov;62(11):1096-1098
- Murthy R., Gupta H., Krishnatry R., Laskar S. Electron beam radiotherapy for the management of recurrent extensive ocular surface squamous neoplasia with orbital extension.Indian Journal of Ophthalmology2015 Aug;63(8):672
- Gupta H. Tankhiwale SS.Bilateral upper lid basal cell carcinoma- Incorrect diagnosis. (published online 2016) Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology.
- Bakshi S.Gupta H. , Kane SV.,Vidyashankar B. Carney Complex: Case series . (Under review) Indian Journal of Ophthalmology.
- Chauhan S., Gupta H., Krishnatry R,Khazaei H.,Shetty K B S.Orbital Meningioma: When Blade Fails to Serve(Under Review) Saudi Journal of Ophthalmology
- Murthy R., Gupta H. Does inferior turbinate fracture augment the success of failed primary probing? (under review)Journal of AAPOS
- Gupta H., Nair D., Moiyadi A.,Pai .P.Dermis fat graft for pediatric exenteration-Challenging but rewarding.(under review)
- Gupta H., Natarajan S.,et al.Traumatic EYE BALL Luxation: A Stepwise approach to GLOBE salvage(Under review)
- Ocular oncology and Retinoblastoma
- Anophthalmic Sockets
- High precision radiotherapy for eye
- Lacrimal disorders
- Neuro ophthalmology and low vision
- Vision therapy
- Exenteration Prosthesis