A head professor at Emirates in the division of Paediatric Oncology, Dr. Purna Arun Kurkure has carved a niche for herself in her field. She has served as the Secretary & President at various national and international societies, also winning national and international accolades. Currently, she is teaching Medical Oncology at MUHS and Homi Bhabha National University. She has contributed a great deal towards the development in the area of service, education & research in the country & in Asian subcontinent & represented our unique strength & weaknesses at International forums. Childhood cancer survivorship is well researched & new entity in pediatric oncology as a result of high curability of childhood cancers. She has pioneered an organized survivorship care by starting late effects clinic (ACT clinic) & Childhood cancer survivors support group-Ugam.
Fields of Expertise
- Paediatric Solid Tumors
- Late Effects of Therapy in Childhood
- Cancer Survivors and Cancer Survivorship
Posts Held in the past
- Faculty, Department of Medical & Paediatric Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital
- Grant in Aid Institute,Govt of India in 1982.
- Assistant Professor (1982-91)
- Associate Professor(1991-2002)
- Paediatric Oncology Professor Emeritus & Head, Paediatric Oncology (2012-2015).
- Joined Asian Cancer Institute after superannuation as Chairperson
- International Journal – 66
- National Journal – 72
- Abstract – 130
- Text Books / Monographs – 18
- Contribution to Guidelines - 4
English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati