Dr. Viraj Sanghi is an established Paediatric Neurologist who has done his Bachelors in Medicine & Surgery (MBBS) from Grant Medical College, University of Bombay. With his excellence in Physiology and Biochemistry, he stood first in the practical examination in Internal Medicine, followed by his Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) in Internal Medicine from the same college. For his excellence in academic performance, he has been awarded the CSP Gold Medal and the Prince of Wales Gold Medal by the University of Bombay. Dr. Viraj has a fellowship in Paediatric Neurology from The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Canada. Currently he is serving as a Paediatric Neurologist and Medical Director with Ika Children’s Center and is also a consultant to The Bombay Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Saifee Hospital and The Breach Candy Hospital.
Fields of Expertise
- Neuromuscular Diseases and Movement Disorders and Stroke
- Developmental Delay, Mental Retardation
Awards & Recognition
- Secured the First Rank in the degree examination held by the University of Bombay and was awarded the Prince of Wales Gold medal.
- Awarded the CSP Gold medal by the University of Bombay for outstanding academic performance.
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Grant Medical College, University of Bombay, India With First Class and Distinctions in Physiology and Biochemistry Stood First in the practical examination in Internal Medicine.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Neurology Foundation, Trustee
- Child Neurology Foundation, Treasurer
- International Child Neurology Association, Member
- Child Neurology Group, Mumbai, Life Member
- Indian Academy of Neurology, Life Member
- Indian Epilespsy Association and Society, Life Member
- Association of Child Neurology, Life Member
- Maharashtra Association of Neurology, Life Member
English, Hindi, Marathi