Dr. Anaita Hegde has done M.B.B.S from Seth G.S. Medical College, KEM Hospital, D.C.H & MD from King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, MRCPCH (London), and a Fellowship in Neurosciences from the Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London. Dr. Hegde is also a Founder of Rural Pediatric Neurology Program in districts of Maharashtra. She is also a member of the Paediatric Epilepsy Surgery Program – Wadia Children’s Hospital and Jaslok Hospital. Dr. Anaita Hegde also has 38 years of teaching experience at Bai Jerbai Wadia Children’s Hospital.
Fields of Expertise
- Movement Disorders
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- International Child Neurology Association ( ICNA )
- American Epilepsy Society (AES )
- British Pediatric Neurology Association (BPNA)
- International Epilepsy Bureau ( IEB )
- International League against Epilepsy ( ILAE )
- Association of Child Neurology ( AOCN )
- Child Neurology Chapter of IAP
- Childhood Disabilities Chapter of IAP
- Indian Academy of Cerebral Palsy (IACP)
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP)
- Indian Association of Neurology ( IAN )
- Neurological Society of India ( NSI )
- Indian Epilepsy Association ( IEA )
- Indian Epilepsy Society ( IES )
- National Neonatology Forum ( NNF )
- Maharashtra Association of Neurologist ( MAN )
- Child Neurology Group, Mumbai.
- Mumbai Autism Forum.
- Mumbai ADHD Forum.
- Udwadia- Hegde A. “West Syndrome – Early diagnosis, early referral, appropriate treatment – pointers to be favorable outcome”.
- Udwadia-Hegde A. “Neurological Perspective of Cerebral Palsy Management”. Physiotimes, Volume – 4, July 2012.
- Udwadia-Hegde A. “Superficial Siderosis : A rare occurrence in children”.Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences, Vol.7, Sep-Dec 2012.
- Udwadia-Hegde A, P Doshi, K Sathe. “ Deep brain stimulation improves quality Of life in pantothenate kinase – associated neurodegeneration”. Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences, Vol.8, Jan – April 2013.
- Udwadia A, Hajirnis O. – “ Chronic GM1 Gangliosidosis with characteristic “Wish Bone Sign” on MRI Brain, Another type of NBIA? ” – Journal of Movement Disorder – Clinical Practice, 2015, accepted on 29/4/2015
- Udwadia A, Nissenkorn A, Borgohain R, Micheli R, Leuzzi V, Mridula K R, Molinaro A, D’Agnano D, Yareeda S, Ben-Zeev B. – “Development of Global Rating instruments for Pediatric patients With Ataxia Telangiectasia” – European Journal of Pediatric Neurology – September 2015
- Udwadia – Hegde A, Nabi F, Sharma V. “ Refractory Status Epilepticus: Febrile illness Related Epileptic Syndrome ( FIRES )”. International Journal of Epilepsy, 2015.
- Udwadia A, Devnani P. – Autism and Sleep Disorders – Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences, Volume 10, issue 4, October-December – 2015
- Udwadia A, Hajirnis O.- “Efficacy of Pyrimethamine in Juvenile onset Tay-Sachs disease caused by two unreported HEXA mutations in the Indian population” – Child Neurology Open, September - 2016
- Garg M., Kulkarni S., Patil V., Sayed R., Udwadia A.,-“Uncommon Disorders Masquerading as Acute Flaccid Paralysis in Children”- Indian Journal of Pediatrics- 2016