Dr. Mahek is a paediatric OT and neuro-rehab consultant with over a decade of experience in treating children with neurological and developmental disorders. Dr. Mahek completed her graduation in Occupational Therapy from Seth G S Medical College and KEM Hospital in 2005. She had been a gold medalist for four consecutive academic years at the state level (MUHS) during her graduate years. After completing her post graduate training in the NDT / Bobath technique from the Bobath Center, London in 2008, she trained in treating young babies (0-2) with the NDTA, USA. She has also completed her Early Intervention and Baby treatment from the Bobath Centre, London, UK. Apart from her training in Theratog Application, Developmental Biomechanics and Handwriting without Tears, Dr. Mahek is an internationally licensed and accredited Brain Gym 101 instructor. She is also certified in Sensory Integration from WPS and the University of Southern California. She is a certified provider of the Therapeutic Listening Program and a certified autism intervention specialist. She also specializes in Neonatal therapy and has completed her Family And Infant Neurodevelopmental Education program (Level 1 and 2) from the NIDCAP Training Centre in London, UK. She is a certified SOFFI (Safe Oral Feeding For Fragile Infants) therapist. She is also certified in the General Movement Assessment (Prechtl) and the Brazelton Neurobehavioral Assessment Scale (NBAS) from the Brazelton centre in Cambridge. She has conducted several professions training workshops and trained hundreds of professionals all over the country. She works collaboratively with a number of schools to help develop comprehensive plans of care for children that struggle in school. She has presented at many national and international conferences and is a part of multiple research projects.
Fields of Expertise
- Pediatric and Neonatal Occupational Therapy
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Member of All India Occupational Therapists association (Reg No: 051101 Academic Council of occupational Therapy)
- Member of Maharashtra State OT/PT Council (Reg. No.:2010/02/OT/000022.)
- Member of British association of Bobath Trained Therapists.
- Member of India Academy for Cerebral Palsy
- Neonatal OT (Royal college of Occupational Therapist) Certifications
- Certified Neurodevelopmental therapist from Bobath centre London
- Certified in Sensory Integration and the SIPT from USC and WPS
- Certified in Family and Neurodevelopmental Education from UCLH, London
English, Hindi and Marathi