Dr. Ira Shah has completed MBBS from Grant Medical College, Mumbai University and MD (Paediatrics) from Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai University. She further pursued DCH and FCPS (Pediatrics) from College of Physicians & Surgeons of Mumbai with a Gold Medal in DCH. She has also done DNB (Pediatrics), Visiting Fellowship (Pediatrics) from RCPCH, UK and Diploma in Pediatric Infectious Diseases from University of Oxford, UK. She also has an under-graduate and post-graduate teaching experience of over 15 years. Dr. Ira Shah has been an Examiner for IAP Pediatric Infectious Diseases Practical Exam and a Practical Convener – Third MBBS, Pediatrics at Seth G S Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai. She is on the Editorial Board of various scientific journals. She has given numerous poster and paper presentations in various national and international conferences. Dr. Ira Shah has organized and also been invited as a guest speaker in many conferences and workshops. She has been on the Advisory Committee of HIV Congress in the year 2005 and 2007 in Mumbai and Goa respectively and also on Pediatric Liver Update in 2006 in Mumbai.
- MD (Paediatrics), Diploma in Paediatric Infectious Diseases
Fields of Experience
- Meningococcal meningitis
- Neonatal and Paediatric HIV Care and Treatment
- Nutrition in Children
Awards & Recognition
- International Health Professional of the Year, 2007, 2010, 2012 – International Biographical Centre of Cambridge, England.
- 2000 Outstanding Intellectuals of the 21st Century. International Biographical Centre of Cambridge, England. 2007, 2012
- TOP 100 Health Professionals 2007, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015 International Biographical Centre of Cambridge, England.
- 21st Century Award for Achievement – International Biographical Center of Cambridge, England
- Leading Educators of the World, 2007.
- The Cambridge Certificate for Outstanding Medical Achievement. 2011, 2012, 2013
- International Educator of the Year 2012. International Bibliographic Centre of Cambridge, England
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Life Member: Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Life Member: Infectious Diseases Chapter of IAP
- Life Member: Gastroenterology Chapter of IAP
- Life Member: Aids Society of India
- Life Member: Indian Medical Association
- Associate Member: General Practitioners Association, Mumbai
- Member: International AIDS Society (2010-2013)
- Member: European Society of Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
- International Member: American Academy of Pediatrics (2010-2012)
- Hospital Infection Society – Mumbai Forum
- Member: ESPGHAN
- Member: Association of Medical Consultants (Mumbai)
- Management of Pediatric HIV 1st ed (September 2005), 2nd edition (2011), 3rd Edition (2016)
- IAP Textbook of Pediatric HIV. January 2007
- Dengue, Leptospirosis, Malaria. 2007.
- Tuberculosis 1st Ed (2010), 2nd edition (2016)
- Macronutrients. 2011
- Diet and Nutrition, 2011
- Management of Non-malarial Tropical Fevers, 2011
- Typhoid fever, 2011
- Infection in Children, 2015
- Case Rounds in Pediatric Liver Diseases, 2016
Chapters in Books:
- Management of HIV infection during infancy. In Frequently asked questions. Ask IAP. 2006; 125-129
- HIV-Medicolegal Issues. Tiwari S, Baldwa S, Tiwari M, Kuthe A (Eds). In: Textbook on Medicolegal Issues, Jaypee Brothers, 2012:284-287
- Khosla I, Singhal T, Shah I, Das J. HIV and Tuberculosis in Children. In: Ganguly N, Kundu R, Ghosh TK (eds). Multidrug Resistant Pediatric Infections. CBS Publishers. New Delhi. 2009: pp117-126.
- Shah I. Neonatal & Paediatric HIV/AIDS. In: Gupte S (eds). Recent Advances in Pediatrics -18: Hot Topics. 2009.
- Shah I, Rangadale A. Chikungunya. In: Sachdeva A, Dutta A, Jain P (Eds). Advances in Pediatrics. 2nd edition. Jaypee Brothers. 2012: 518-583
- Shah I. How to make a good website. In: Computers for Doctors. (In press)
- Nandy S, Shah I. Liver abscess in a boy with hyper IgE syndrome. J family Med Primary Care. 2016; 5:491-492
- Nandy S, Shah I. Hemiplegia as a Presentation of HIV Infection in Children – A Report of 3 Cases. J family Med Primary Care. Accepted for publication 7th December 2016
- Goyal A, Shah I. Aorto-arteritis with Tuberculosis. J family Med Primary Care. Accepted for publication 7th December 2016
- Shah I, Ambulkar H. Coxsackie Encephalitis in a child in Western India. J family Med Primary Care. Accepted for publication 7th December 2016
- Shah I, Mullanfiroze K, Iyengar V. Toxoplasmosis presenting as hypereosinophilia. Indian J Med Specialities. 2016; 7:181
- Shah I, Chilkar S. Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis (PFIC) Type 2 in an Indian Child. J Pediatr Genet. 2017; 6:126–127
- Pereira NM, Shah I, Lala M. Toxoplasmosis with Chorioretinitis in an HIV Infected Child with no Visual Complaints – Importance of Fundus Examination. Oxf Med Case Reports. 2017;01, 1–3
- Shah I, Uppuluri R, Nene A, Mehta R. Role of Steroids in a Child with Spinal Pre-Extensively Drug Resistant (XDR) Tuberculosis. J Pediatr Neurol. 2017; Doi: 10.1055/s-0036-1597547
- Shah I. Lactic Acidosis in Children – A Varied Presentation. J Pediatr Intensive Care. Accepted for publication 21 Sept 2016
- Shah I, Kapdi M. MULTIDRUG RESISTANT ACINETOBACTER MENINGITIS IN CHILDREN. J Family Med Primary Care. 2016 Oct-Dec;5(4):858-859
- Shah I, Gurnani S. Pericardial effusion as a paradoxical reaction on treatment with second-line antituberculous agents, Infect Dis. 2016 DOI:10.1080/23744235.2016.1241429
- Sharma D, Shah I. Late onset hydrocephalus in children with tuberculous meningitis. J Family Med Primary Care. 2016 Oct-Dec;5(4):873-874