Dr. Ambreen Pandrowala has completed an Immunology and Infectious Diseases fellowship in the UK with SPIN certification for Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology, RCPCH, UK. She has been involved in planning and implementing an outpatient parental antibiotic therapy pathway for neonates at Evelina Children Hospital, Guys and St Thomas NHS Trust, London. She has also conducted daily antimicrobial stewardship rounds in Evelina Children Hospital. Dr. Ambreen was actively involved in organizing pediatric subspecialties CMEs at Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre.
Key audits she has worked on / currently working on -
- National UK Pediatric Antifungal Use over a period of 6 months, ongoing. The key aim of the audit is to provide a baseline understanding for an antifungal stewardship guideline.
- Transplant outcome in pediatric XIAP patients at Great Ormond Street Hospital as part of a multi centre audit, awaiting results.
- National vaccine guidelines for immunodeficiency patients in the UK- Chronic Granulomatous Disease
Standard operating protocol for managing Cytomegalovirus in post-transplant patients in Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Quality Improvement projects-
Dr. Ambreen has worked on improving online discharge summaries and planning of care for Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) patients in the international private patients’ division, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London.
Posts Held in the past
Clinical fellow, Pediatric Immunology and BMT, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
- RCPCH (MTiP) Fellowship in Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology
- SPIN in Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology (RCPCH)
- DNB Pediatrics
Fields of Expertise
Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- European society of Primary Immunodeficiencies (ESID)
- European Society of Pediatric infectious Diseases (ESPID)
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP)
- ‘Thalassemia Syndromes’ Indian Academy of Pediatrics Textbook of Pediatric Hemat Oncology,M. Manglani, A. Pandrowala, Ratna Sharma, M. Lokeshwar.
- ‘Variation in RBC parameters in newborn’ Indian Academy of Pediatrics Textbook of Pediatric Hemat Oncology, M. Lokeshwar, A. Pandrowala, Jayshree Mondkar.
- Management of Sepsis in IAP textbook of Infectious Diseases, S Udani, A Pandrowala
- Editor- to be published- Atlas of Pediatric Immunodeficiency
- Human BCL10 Deficiency due to Homozygosity for a Rare Allele J Clin Immunology Feb 2020
- X-Linked Hyper IgM Syndrome Presenting with Recurrent Tuberculosis-a Case Report. J Clin Immunology Jan 2020
- Sirolimus-A targeted therapy for Rosai-Dorfman disease. Pediatric Blood Cancer, Dec 2019
English, Hindi, Marathi