Dr. Rashmi Dalvi is a Senior Consultant in Department of HematologyOncology at SRCC Children’s Hospital. An alumnus of Seth GS Medical College / KEM & BJ Wadia Hospital for Children, she has trained in Paediatric Hematology Oncology (PHO) in India & in USA at the Children’s Hospital of Michigan & Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. An awardee of the Hargobind foundation & the UICC-ICRETT fellowships, she was among the earliest to develop and promote PHO subspecialty in India. She has been involved in academics, clinical practice & research in Paediatric Hematology, Oncology & Immunology for over 30 years. She has been ofce bearer in various societies including, Chair of PHO Chapter of IAP, Chair of SIOP- PODC Committee on Education & Training, Lead in NTP-PPO, Chair & member ICON Ethics Committee. Presently she is Continental President for SIOP-Asia (2018-2021). She is Professor & Head of Pediatrics, Bombay Hospital & Medical Research center and is honorary Consultant for paediatric BMT & HematologyOncology at Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital and Medical College.
- MD (Paediatrics), DCH
Fields of Expertise
- Anemias, Bleeding Disorders, Bone Marrow Diseases
- Immunodeficiency, Autoimmune Disorders
- Paediatric Cancers, Histiocytic Disorders
- Supportive Care in PHO
Awards & Recognition
- Awarded the Dr. L.M. Sanghvi award for the best oral presentation, Annual conference, Bombay Hematology Group February 1993
- Awarded the Hargobind Foundation Scholarship for training in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit USA, July - October 1996
- Awarded Travelling Fellowships of International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP) in 1992,1994, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2004.
- Awarded Educational Fellowship Grants by Lady Ratan Tata Trust, Sir Dorab Tata Trust and Dr. R.D. Sethna Foundation.
- Recipient of Award for Best Subspecialty Chapter of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics Year-2001, on behalf of the Pediatric Hematology Oncology Chapter of IAP
- Co-recipient of the ‘SIOP Award’ for Best Award Paper on “International Training Project – Practical Pediatric Oncology (INTP-PPO) – 2nd National Teachers’ Meeting, consensus Report” at the Annual Meeting of the International Society of Pediatric Oncology at Porto, Portugal, September 2002.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Member, Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Member, Mumbai Haematology Group
- Member, Indian Society of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine
- Member, International Society of Paediatric Oncology
- Member, Paediatric Haematology Oncology Chapter, IAP
- Member, Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology
- Member, Indian Clinical Oncology Network
- Member, SIOP, SIOP-Asia
- Member, Histiocyte Society
- Merchant R, Divekar R. Intracranial hemorrhage in term neonates. Indian Pediatr. 1987, 24: 503-507
- Merchant R, Divekar R, Singh R. Long QT syndrome. Indian Pediatr. 1988, 25: 96-99.
- Merchant R, Divekar R. Current Status - Meningococcal vaccine. Indian J Pediatr. 1988, 55: 256-260
- Merchant R, Divekar R. Hyperbilirubinemia and brain damage. Current trends in pediatrics - Proceedings of CME program of XXIV Annual Conference. Indian Academy of Pediatrics. Madras, 1987
- Merchant R, Divekar R. Neurological monitoring in neonates. Proceedings of Workshop on Neonatal Monitoring (National Neonatal Forum), 1988
- Merchant R, Divekar R. Late hemorrhagic disease with intracranial hemorrhage - Case report. Indian Pediatr. 1988, 25: 381-383
- Merchant R, Divekar R. Intracranial hemorrhage in the newborn - A review. Pediatr Clin India, 1987
- Merchant R, Divekar R. Late hemorrhagic disease of infancy - Experiences. Indian Pediatr. 1989, 26: 553-557
- Kulkarni SV, Merchant R, Gupte SC, Divekar R. Clinical significance of serum and cerebrospinal fluid bilirubin indices in neonatal jaundice. Indian Pediatr. 1989, 26: 1202-1208
- Ali US, Dalvi R, Merchant R et al. Systemic lupus erythematosus in Indian children. Indian Pediatr. 1989, 26: 868-873
English, Hindi, Gujarati