Dr. Prashant Patil has completed his under graduation (MBBS) & post-graduation (MD in Pediatrics ) from the prestigious LTMGH Sion hospital and TNMC Nair Hospital in Mumbai respectively. He did his Post-Doctoral training in Pediatric Endocrinology at Bharti Vidyapith Pune under guidance of Dr. Vaman Khadilkar. He has also worked as Faculty (Assistant Professor) in the Department of Pediatrics at Bharti Vidyapith Pune. He has also done a prestigious European Fellowship in Pediatric Endocrinology & Diabetes at Alder Hey Children Hospital NHS Liverpool UK. He has to his credit, a number of publications in national and international journals , a chapters in textbook of Pediatrics Endocrinology & many awards at National and International CMEs. He has successfully conducted and participated as a speaker in number of meetings of Pediatric Endocrinology. His areas of interest are Type 1 diabetes mellitus, obesity and metabolic syndrome and growth disorders in children. Dr. Prashant Patil has done his research on Bone health Index (BHI) and its relative measurement in GHD and CDGP children to assess the use of Growth Hormone and Testosterone respectively.
- MD (Paediatrics), PDCC (Paediatric Endocrinology)
Fields of Expertise
- Growth problems in childhood
- Childhood obesity
- Diabetes in children
- Thyroid disorders in children
- Puberty (Maturity) related problems in children
- Patil P, Jahagirdar R, Srivastava K. Rare Association of clitoromegaly and gonadal dysgenesis with Ataxia Telangiectasia; JCR Feb 2016; 6:77-79.
- KhadilkarVV, Patil PP. Metabolic consequences of obesity. Chapter 3.4 Bhave's Textbook of Adolescent Medicine, 2nd Edition.
- Patil PP, KhadilkarVV. Thyroid disorders in neonates IAP [to be released in Neocon Nov-2016]
- Original article - Ketotic hypoglycemia in children with transient congenital hyperinsulinism. [Submitted to IJEM]
- Case report - Rare association with Poland Syndrome & congenital hyperinsulinism. [Submitted to JPEM]
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- ESPE (European society of Pediatric endocrinology)
- ISPAD (International Society of Pediatric & Adolescent Diabetes)
- APPES (Asia Pacific Pediatric Endocrine Society)
- ISPAE (Indian Society of Pediatric and Adolescent Endocrinology)
English, Hindi, Marathi