Dr. Priyanka Parikh is a Sr. Consultant in Developmental Paediatrics, having worked both in Mumbai, India, and in the UK in the sub-speciality of Developmental Paediatrics. She has always been passionate to help children with disabilities to reach their maximum potential and be included in society. Her areas of interest and expertise include children with Developmental Delay, Learning Disabilities (Dyslexia), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism Spectrum Disorders, Cerebral Palsy, Intellectual Disability, various genetic syndromes including Down’s, sensory impairments (vision, hearing), motor co-ordination difficulties, developmental follow up of high risk newborns; as well as behavioral problems in children. She is also trained to administer the Developmental Assessment Scale for Indian Infants (DASII) which is especially useful in assessment and follow-up of high risk newborns (It is used to evaluate babies between ages 1 month to 30 months on the motor and mental development) as well as the Griffiths Mental Development Scales (GMDS), London - one of the very few certified paediatricians in Mumbai to use this scale, which objectively assesses development in 6 domains; Locomotor, Personal Social, Language, Eye Hand Co-ordination, Performance and Practical Reasoning, from birth till 8 years of age to help plan early intervention. She has been on the editorial board for the journal ‘Paediatric Clinics of India’- A Publication of the Dr Athavale Research Foundation. Dr. Priyanka Parikh has also done other courses like Neonatal Life Support (NLS) Course from Norwich – UK, Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course - Provider Course in accordance with the American Heart Association. She has been a lecturer and has been involved in daily unit teaching rounds for the postgraduate students.
- MD, DNB (Paediatrics), MRCPCH (London)
Fields of Expertise
- Developmental Delay
- Learning Disabilities (Dyslexia)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Intellectual Disability
Awards & Recognition
- Rank 2nd at M.D. Paediatrics Examination, January 2000
- Rank 1st (Gold Medal) at FCPS Examination, March 2000
- 1st in Competitive Examination in Medicine held at LTMGH, October 1995
- Distinction in Preventive & Social Medicine in 3rd MBBS
- Paper presentation in Award Category for the James Flett Endowment Award Competition at the PEDICON 2002, Bangalore
- Correspondence: Neurocognitive profile of a Turner syndrome. Indian Pediatrics 2011; 48: 911
- Case-Report: Fraser-Cryptophthalmos syndrome with cardiovascular malformations: a rare association. Indian Pediatrics 2003; 40:888-890.
- Editotial: Adoption and the Paediatrician- A vital link. Paediatric Clinics of India, January 2003
Chapters in Books:
- Hyperinsulinemic Hypoglycemia. In: Recent Advances in Paediatrics: Sp Vol 12 (2003) Neonatal Emergencies. Editor: Suraj Gupte.
- Non Immune Hydrops fetalis. In: Recent Advances in Paediatrics: Sp Vol 12 (2003) Neonatal Emergencies. Editor: Suraj Gupte.
- Vitamin Deficiencies in Children. In: Texkbook of Paediatrics by Dr Mukesh Agarwal, Bhalani Publishers, 2000
- Behavioural Disorders in Children. In: Texkbook of Paediatrics by Dr Mukesh Agarwal, Bhalani Publishers, 2000
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Life Member: Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Life Member: IAP- Growth, Development and Behavioral Pediatrics Academy
- Life Member: IAP- Infectious Diseases Chapter
- Life Member: Indian Medical Association, Mumbai branch