Dr. Koyeli Sengupta has 10+ years of experience in clinical and managerial role, in Developmental Behavioral Paediatrics. She has also been Developmental –Behavioral Paediatrician and Director of Autism Intervention Services at Ummeed Child Development Center. She heads the team of transdisciplinary professionals specializing in Autism intervention, runs parent mediated program that aims to foster social communication in children with Autism - by incorporating culturally appropriate modifications in Project ImPACT (Ingersoll and Dvortcsak, 2011) and gives Behavioral guidance for families of children with difficult behaviors. Dr. Koyeli constantly communicates with schools - principals, teachers, counselors to advocate for children with special needs for educational concessions, special supervision etc and works with other NGOS, bodies that assist children with special needs to push for inclusion of such children in all setting. She provides training in developmental disabilities to professionals, para-professionals, teachers, parents and community workers and has developed curriculum for 6-month training of community workers in developmental disabilities. Dr. Koyeli has conducted lectures on child development and disability related topics for multiple batches of masters level students in counselling psychology, presented posters and presentations and has been invited as a speaker in various national and international conferences. Dr. Koyeli has also been an Organizing Committee member in 2nd International Developmental Pediatrics Association Congress at Mumbai.
- MD (Paediatrics), DCH, MA
Fields of Expertise
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Learning disabilities
- Cerebral palsy
- Global Developmental Delays
- Isolated Language Delays
- Hearing and Visual Impairment
- Developmental Coordination Disorder
- Deptula, D. P., & Sengupta, K. (2007). The concurrent and longitudinal implication of friendship networks for adolescent delinquency. In E. B. Darlon ( Ed.), Adolescent Behavior Research Advances (pp. 93-109). New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Sengupta K, Lobo L, Krishnamurthy V. (2015). Educational and Behavioral Interventions in Management of Autism Spectrum Disorder. Indian J. Pediatr. December. DOI10.1007/s12098-015-1967-0
Awards & Recognition
- 2017 - Awarded International Society for Autism Research (INSAR) “Diversity Award” to attend IMFAR in San Francisco, USA
- 2015 – Awarded “Autism Speaks Travel Grant” to attend Asia-Pacific Regional IMFAR in Shanghai, China
- 2014 - Awarded International Society for Autism Research (INSAR) “Diversity Award” to attend IMFAR in Atlanta, USA.
- 2012 - Awarded “Autism Speaks and the Movement for Global Mental Health Travel Award Fellowship” to attend IMFAR in Canada
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Registered under Maharashtra Medical Council, India
- Member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP), India
- Member of Growth, Development & Behavioral Pediatrics chapter of IAP, India
- Member of International Society for Autism Research (INSAR), USA
- Resource Committee member for Forum for Autism (FFA), a parent support group in Mumbai, India