Dr. Harsh Vyas has specialized in Paediatric Dentistry, with an M.D.S. degree from Bombay University. He has an exclusive practice dedicated to children since 1994.
He did his schooling at Campion School and went on to complete his studies in Dentistry at the prestigious Nair Hospital Dental College, Mumbai.
Dr.Harsh is a gold medalist in Pediatric Dentistry from the Bombay University.
Besides running a successful practice Dr.Harsh is an eminent speaker both nationally and internationally and has conducted numerous Workshops and Programs on Pediatric Dentistry. He also has international research articles to his credit.
For many years he has been the ‘Key Opinion Leader’ for GC-Japan/Asia, Ultradent-USA and NuSmile USA.
He is also the ‘peer reviewer’ for the Journal of Pediatric Dentistry, a publication by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
His joyous and most memorable moments as a speaker are during his various school visits when he keeps the children spellbound with “tooth care” related puppet shows, skits and movies written, produced and most importantly enacted by him!
Dr.Harsh is a member of the Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry as well as the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
It was in Nair Hospital that he met his wife Dr. Anuradha (M.D.S.) who has her own Dental Clinic for adults. They have two son’s Gaurav and Rahul.
Fields of Expertise
- Preventive Dentistry
- Complete Oral Rehabilitation
- Children with Special Needs
Key Procedures Performed
Pioneered Single sitting Root Canal procedures in children, Pediatric Esthetics and Full mouth rehabilitation for young children under General Anaesthesia
Awards & Recognition
- Gold Medal awarded by the Indian Society of Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry for securing 1st rank in Bombay University, 1990
- G.M. Pedodontia Medal for 1st Rank in Bombay University, 1990
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Life Member Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- International Member, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Peer Reviewer for the Journal of Pediatric Dentistry (Journal by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry) since 2014
- Key Opinion Leader for International companies GC Asia, Ultradent USA and NuSmile USA.
- Former Professor, Terna Dental College & Hospital, Navi Mumbai (2005)
- “Oral Health Status of Mentally Subnormal, Physically Handicapped & Juvenile Delinquent Children,” published in Journal of Indian Society of Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry (I.S.P.P.D.), 1991,13:9
- “Fluoride profiles of enamel following topical application of neutral and acidulated NaF solution using X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (ESCA) – An invitro study.” Journal of I.S.P.P.D., 1992,35:12
- “Oral Mucosal Lesions in patients with Acute Leukemia’s and related disorders due to cytotoxic therapy.” Journal of I.S.P.P.D., 1995,25:13
- “Be dam(n)ed!” – Article published in Famdent - Clinical Dentistry Journal, Jan 2001.
- “Tooth whitening of Fluorosed enamel” - Article published in Famdent –Clinical Dentistry Journal September 2005
- “Pediatric Esthetics in Dentistry” - Contributed Chapter in Textbook of Pedodontics (2nd ed.) Shobha Tandon; Chp 33, 374-388. Paras Publishers 2008; 3rd ed. 2018.
- “0 to 2 Baby & You”; contributed to chapter on Dental Care. Pediatricians Handbook by Dr.Mahesh Balsekar and Malvika Choudhary. Vakils, Feffer & Simons Pvt. Ltd. 2015
English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi