Dr Supratim Sen is a Senior Consultant Pediatric Cardiologist with over 13 years of experience in the field.
After completing his MD Pediatrics, he did his Fellowship of National Board of Examinations (FNB) in Pediatric Cardiology from RN Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Kolkata.
He subsequently trained further in Pediatric Cardiology at the Sydney Children’s Hospital Network at Sydney Australia, which is one of the largest Pediatric Cardiac Referral centers in Australia and New Zealand.
Dr Sen returned to India in 2013 as Consultant and Head of Pediatric Cardiology, when he had a pivotal role in establishing the Department of Pediatric Cardiology at the Mission Hospital in Durgapur, West Bengal.
Subsequently, he has worked as a Consultant in Pediatric Cardiology at Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai
Dr Sen has been a Senior Consultant in Pediatric Cardiology at SRCC Children’s Hospital since it’s inception in 2017, and has played a pivotal role in the establishment of the department as one of the large Pediatric Cardiac Centers in Western India.
- MD Pediatrics
- FNB Pediatric Cardiology
- Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology (Sydney, Australia)
Fields of Experience
- Interventional Pediatric Cardiology
- Complex Cardiac Interventions
Awards & Recognition
- 1st position in second MBBS
- 1st position in Pharmacology
- 1st position in Ophthalmology
- 1st position in Medicine
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Pediatric Cardiac Society of India
- Pediatric and Congenital Interventional Cardiology Early-career Society USA
- Jain S, Sen S et al. Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children With COVID-19 in Mumbai, India. Indian Pediatrics. 2020; S097475591600230.
- Jain SM, Pradhan PM , Sen S, Dalvi BV. Transcatheter closure of elongated and pulmonary hypertensive patent arterial duct in infants using Amplatzer vascular plug II. Cardiology in the Young. 2020, 1-6. doi:10.1017/S1047951120000104
- Sen S, Jain S, Dalvi B. Embolization of ceramic-coated PDA devices into the descending thoracic aorta: Probable mechanisms and retrieval strategies. Cardiology in the Young. 2019: 29(6), 842-844. doi:10.1017/S104795111900091X
- Joshi S, Udani S, Sen S, Kirolikar S, Shetty A. Bacillus Clausii Septicemia in a Pediatric Patient After Treatment With Probiotics. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2019 Sep; 38 (9): e228-e230. doi: 10.1097/INF.0000000000002350.
- Native aortic coarctation in neonates and infants: Immediate and midterm outcomes with balloon angioplasty and surgery. Ann Pediatr Cardiol. 2018;11(3):261-266.
- Sen S, Mohanty S, Kulkarni S, Rao SG. Isolated Subclavian artery- A rare entity revisited. World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg. 2016 Nov;7(6):744-749.
- Sen S, Rao SG, Kulkarni S. Rare associations of Tetralogy of Fallot with Anomalous Left Coronary Artery from Pulmonary Artery and Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection. Cardiology in the Young. 2016; Apr 8: 1-4.
- Sen S, Winlaw DS, Sholler GF. Partial anomalous left pulmonary artery: report of two cases and review of literature. Cardiology in the Young. 2015; 25(5): 1012-4.
- Sen S, Bandyopadhyay B, Eriksson P, Chattopadhyay A. Functional Capacity following Univentricular Repair- Midterm Outcome. Congenital Heart Disease. Congenital Heart Disease. 2012; 7 (5): 423-432.
- Agarwal M, Ray M, Pallavi M, Sen S, Ganguly D, Joshi P, Tanti S, Chattopadhyay A, Bandyopadhyay B. Device occlusion of pseudoaneurysm of ascending aorta. Ann Pediatr Card. 2011; 4 (2): 195-199.
- Sen S, Chattopadhyay A, Ray M, Bandyopadhyay B. Transcatheter device closure of ruptured sinus of Valsalva: Immediate results and short term follow up. Ann Pediatr Card. 2009; 2 (1): 79-82.
- Vahab SA, Sen S, Ravindran N, Mony S, Mathew A, Vijayan N et al. Analysis of Genotype and Haplotype Effects of ABCB1 (MDR1) Polymorphisms in the Risk of Medically Refractory Epilepsy in an Indian Population. Drug Metab. Pharmacokinet 2009; 24 (3): 255–260.
- Bhat RY, Prakashini K, Sen S. Subdural Effusion Complicating Neonatal Meningitis: Successful Treatment with Acetazolamide. Indian J Pediatr 2009; 76 (1): 103-105.
- Bhat RY, Sen S. Townes-Brocks syndrome. A neonate with extended spectrum and thrombocytopenia. Saudi Med J. 2008 Sep; 29 (9): 1337-9.
Key Procedures Performed
- Dr Sen has established the PDA stenting program at the SRCC children’s hospital, which includes a novel Hybrid approach to the highly complex and intricate procedure, making it quicker and safer
- He has an interest in complex cardiac interventions including neonatal interventions
- Interventional catheterization
- Complex cardiac interventions
- Single ventricle physiology
Academic Positions and Achievements
- Apart from numerous publications in National and International peer reviewed journals, Dr Sen is a Reviewer for journals such as Indian Pediatrics, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, Cardiology in the Young, World Journal of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery and Annals of Pediatric Cardiology
- He has been an invited faculty and given talks in National conferences such as Pedicon and PCSI.
English, Hindi, Bengali, Marathi