Dr. Supratim Sen is an aspiring Paediatric Cardiologist with a vision to deliver a comprehensive spectrum of world class diagnostics, therapeutic and interventional services. He has more than 8 years of experience in Paediatric Cardiology and over 3 year experience as an independent Consultant Paediatric Cardiologist. Dr. Supratim has successfully completed Fluoroscopy Radiation Safety Training Course at Westmead Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Fields of Expertise
- Paediatric Cardiology
- Paediatric Echocardiography
- Paediatric Cardiac Catheterization
- Transcatheter Interventions
Posts Held in the past
- March 2013 to July 2014: Consultant Pediatric Cardiologist at The Mission Hospital, Durgapur, India
- June 2010 to January 2013: Fellow, Cardiology at the Children’s Hospital at Westmead and the Sydney Children’s Hospital, Sydney, Australia
- March 2008 to May 2010: Fellow in Pediatric Cardiology (Fellowship of National Board of Examinations, India) Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences
- Oct 2007 to Feb 2008: Institutional Fellow, Pediatric Cardiology, Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Kolkata.
- May 2007 to Oct 2007: Pediatric Registrar, AMRI Hospital, Salt Lake, and Mission of Mercy Hospital, Kolkata, India.
Awards & Recognition
- Completed Fluoroscopy Radiation Safety Training Course at Westmead Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, on 24th February 2011.
- M.D. dissertation submitted in October 2006: Clinical profile of Childhood Epilepsy.
- Awards during MBBS
- 1st position in second MBBS overall (which includes the following subjects- Pathology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine and Microbiology)
- 1st position in Pharmacology
- 1st position in Ophthalmology
- 1st position in Medicine
- Sen S, Mohanty S, Kulkarni S, Rao SG. Isolated Subclavian artery- A rare entity revisited. Accepted as a review article in July 2016 to be published in the World Journal for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery.
- Sen S, Rao SG, Kulkarni S. Rare associations of Tetralogy of Fallot with Anomalous Left Coronary Artery from Pulmonary Artery and Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection. Cardiology in the Young 2016; Apr 8: 1-4. Epub ahead of print.
- Sen S, Winlaw DS, Sholler GF. Partial anomalous left pulmonary artery: report of two cases and review of literature. Cardiology in the Young. 2015; 25(5): 1012-4.
- Sen S, Bandyopadhyay B, Eriksson P, Chattopadhyay A. Functional Capacity following Univentricular Repair- Midterm Outcome. Congenital Heart Disease. Congenital Heart Disease. 2012; 7 (5): 423-432.
- Agarwal M, Ray M, Pallavi M, Sen S, Ganguly D, Joshi P, Tanti S, Chattopadhyay A, Bandyopadhyay B. Device occlusion of pseudoaneurysm of ascending aorta. Ann Pediatr Card. 2011; 4 (2): 195-199.
- Sen S, Chattopadhyay A, Ray M, Bandyopadhyay B. Transcatheter device closure of ruptured sinus of Valsalva: Immediate results and short term follow up. Ann Pediatr Card. 2009; 2 (1): 79-82.
- Vahab SA, Sen S, Ravindran N, Mony S, Mathew A, Vijayan N et al. Analysis of Genotype and Haplotype Effects of ABCB1 (MDR1) Polymorphisms in the Risk of Medically Refractory Epilepsy in an Indian Population. Drug Metab. Pharmacokinet 2009; 24 (3): 255–260.
- Bhat RY, Prakashini K, Sen S. Subdural Effusion Complicating Neonatal Meningitis: Successful Treatment with Acetazolamide. Indian J Pediatr 2009; 76 (1): 103-105.
- Bhat RY, Sen S. Townes-Brocks syndrome. A neonate with extended spectrum and thrombocytopenia. Saudi Med J. 2008 Sep; 29 (9): 1337-9.