Dr. Priya has received training in Paediatric Cardiology at esteemed places under renowned paediatric cardiologists. She deals with congenital and structural heart diseases in fetus, child and adult and non-surgical correction of heart defects. Her special interest is 3 dimensional echocardiography for which she has received training in India, New Zealand and Italy. Some of the services provided by her are: Trans cutaneous ASD / VSD /PDA closure, balloon aortic and pulmonary valvotomy, balloon coarctoplasty, cardiac catherisation for hemodynamic and morphological assessment, non-invasive cardiology including transthoracic and transesophageal and 3 dimensional echocardiography, exercise stress test, stress Echo, tilt table test etc. She believes in the holistic approach for dealing with cardiac problems. She enjoys working with kids and their families, “It's rewarding to identify children's heart problems - sometimes even before birth - and help them get care, and reassure them when everything is okay" she says. She has participated in various international and national conferences and has several publications in international and national journals.
Fields of Expertise
- Paediatric Interventions and diagnostic Catheterisations
- Transthoracic and Transesophageal 3D echocardiography
- Complex perioperative TOE’s
- DNB (Paediatrics), Fellowship in Paediatric Paediatric Cardiology
- Cardiac Imaging - Fetal echoes, TOE, Cardiac CT/MRI
- Cardiac Interventions
Awards & Recognition
- Paper on “Utiltiy of 3D TEE in paravalvar leak closure” -oral precentation in APCCS conference, held in 2014 New Delhi
- Abnormal aortic communications -” fetal diagnosis and neonatal intervention”, accepted for oral presentation in PCSI,Hyderabad 2015
- Best oral presentation award “Paravalvar leaks device closure” in ACT 2014 held in Madras Medical Mission Hospital, Chennai.
- Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals, March 2016- Unusual presentation of TASVC
- Annals of Pediatric Cardiology January 2016 Juxtaposed atrial appendage - A curiosity with some clinical relevance
- Renal glycosuria”- A case report- Indian academy of Pediatrics Nephrology Bulletin Nov 2005