Dr. Ruchira Misra is a Consultant in the Department of Paediatric Hematology – Oncology and BMT at SRCC Children’s Hospital. She finished her MBBS from Kanpur University with a distinction in Biochemistry. She did DCH from LLRM Medical College, Meerut followed by a DNB (Paediatrics) from Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences. She then pursued Paediatric Hematology–Oncology and BMT training in Australia and worked at Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney. She was further trained at the Children’s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney Australia, in Paediatric Oncology and earned a specialization in BMT. On her return to India in 2011, she was involved in setting up the paediatric transplant programme at Medanta, The Medicity hospital, Gurgaon and Rainbow Children’s Hospital, New Delhi. She has authored a number of articles in peer reviewed journals and textbooks and has been a faculty at numerous conferences.
Fields of Expertise
- BMT for Relapsed Malignancies
- BMT for Thalassemia
- BMT for Inborn Errors of Metabolism
Awards & Recognition
CK Bhalla /KR Seth award for the best Resident Doctor in Pediatrics at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOP)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (ASBMT)
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP)
- Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Chapter (PHO) of IAP
- Gajendra S, Misra R, Dorval P, Sharma R, Sachdev R. Significant Hematogone proliferation mimicking relapse in acute lymphoblastic Leukemia on Therapy. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2017 Feb;11(2): ED01-03
- Tiwari AK, Arora D, Dara RC, Dorwal P, Sood R, Misra R, Gupta SK, Raina V, Vaid AK. Newly established stem cell transplant program: 100 days follow-up of patients and its comparison with published Indian literature. Indian Journal of Medical and Paediatric Oncology, 2016; 37(3):168-173.
- Arora D, Tiwari AK, Dara RC, Misra R, Aggarwal G, Acharya DP, Raina V. Successful tandem transplant in a young aplastic anemia patient from a small-weight 11-month old sibling donor. Transfusion and Apheresis Science 2016 Feb;54(1):144–146.
- Arora PR, Misra R, Mehrotra S, Mittal C, Sharma S, Bagai P, Arora RS. Pilot initiative in India to explore the gonadal function and fertility outcomes of a cohort of childhood cancer survivors. J Hum Reprod Sci 2016; 9:90-93.
- Yadav SP, Katewa S, Ramzan M, Bhat S, Kalra M, Anjan M, Chinnabandar V, Misra R, Rastogi N, Prakash A, Dua V, Kharya G, Khalon D, Gupta A, Kumar A, Dhingra N. Indian pediatric Hematology Oncology Group: A cooperative effort to improve childhood cancer in India. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2015; 62 (S4): S297
- Misra R. Nutrition and pediatric Cancer. Practical Pediatric Oncology Reference Manual National Training Project. 2014; 38-42.
- Misra R, Yadav SP, Sachdeva A. Transfusion therapy in Thalassemia. Sachdeva A, Lokeshwar MR, Shah N. Agarwal BR, Khanna VK, Yadav SP, Jain V(Editors) Hemoglobinopathies. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishes, New Delhi 2006: Pg. 120-124
- Sachdeva A, Misra R, Yadav SP. Desferal in Thalassemia. Sachdeva A, Lokeshwar MR, Shah N. Agarwal BR, Khanna VK, Yadav SP, Jain V(Editors) Hemoglobinopathies. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishes, New Delhi 2006: Pg. 148-157
- Misra R, Yadav SP, Jain V, Sachdeva A. Combination therapy in Thalassemia. Sachdeva A, Lokeshwar MR, Shah N. Agarwal BR, Khanna VK, Yadav SP, Jain V(Editors) Hemoglobinopathies. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishes, New Delhi 2006: Pg. 157-161
- Misra R, Yadav SP, Sachdeva A. Abnormalities in Globin Chain synthesis- Interaction of sickle cell with other Haemoglobinopathies. Sachdeva A, Lokeshwar MR, Shah N. Agarwal BR, Khanna VK, Yadav SP, Jain V(Editors) Hemoglobinopathies. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishes, New Delhi 2006 Pg. 343-350