Dr Dipanjan is a Radiation oncologist. He is an expert in IMRT, IGRT, SRS, SBRT and 4 DRT procedures. His major area of interest is head neck oncology, and RT using motion management, and he has performed hundreds of stereotactic radiation procedures with excellent outcomes. He has performed thousands of IMRT and IGRT procedures.
- MBBS, MD (Radiation Oncology), DNB, PDCR
Post held in past
- Senior Consultant, Department of Radiation Oncology, Ruby General Hospital, Kolkata
Fields of Expertise
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy ( SBRT)
Awards & Recognition
- Second prize for oral paper presentation at IAPCON-2012. Kolkata.
- Travel grant for best paper presentation at AROICON-2012, Kolkata.
- Grant to attend ESMO preceptorship on NSCLC on 21-22 November 2018, Singapore.
- ESMO fellowship on Translational research, Italy
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Association of radiation Oncologists of India.
- Indian Association of Palliative care.
- Different fractionation schedules of radiotherapy in locally advanced head and neck malignancy: A prospective randomized study to compare the results of treatment and toxicities of different protocols. Majumder D, Choudhury K, Das P, Kundu S, Mitra D. South Asian J Cancer 2013;2:31-5.
- Prescribed dose versus calculated dose of the spinal cord in standard head and neck irradiation assessed by the 3-D plan. Majumder D.,Patra NB,Chatterjee D, Mallick SK,Kabasi AK,Majumder A. South Asian J Cancer. 2014 Jan-Mar; 3(1): 22–27
- Single fraction versus multiple fraction radiotherapy for palliation of painful vertebral bone metastases: A prospective study. Majumder D, Chatterjee D, Bandyopadhyay A, Mallick SK, Sarkar SK, Majumdar A. Indian J Palliat Care 2012;18:202-6.
- A comparative study of induction chemotherapy followed by chemoradiotherapy versus chemoradiotherapy alone in locally advanced head and neck cancer. Dipanjan Majumder,Debashis Chatterjee, Sreya Mallik, Swapan K. Mallick, Debabrata Mitra, Anjali Majumder, Medical College Hospitals, Kolkata. JCRT November 2012 vol 8; Supplement 3. [Abstract]
- Nimotuzumab and Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) in the Concurrent Setting of Locally Advanced Head and Neck Cancers: Early Results of a Prospective Trial in India. K. Talapatra, M. Deshpande, S. Goyle, D. Majumder, S. Badhwar, R. Mistry. Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai, India.International Journal of Radiation Oncology • Biology • Physics October 1, 2016 Volume 96, Issue 2, Supplement, Page E359 [Abstract]
- Mahantshetty U, Shetty S, Majumder D, Adurkar P, Swamidas J, Engineer R, Chopra S, Shrivastava S; Optimal bladder filling during high-dose-rate intracavitary brachytherapy for cervical cancer: a dosimetric study. J Contemp Brachytherapy. 2017 Apr;9(2):112- 117 Dr. Dipanjan Majumder M.B.B.S , MD, DNB 4
- Talapatra K, Majumder D, Chaddha P et al. Stereotactic body radiotherapy for lung tumours: Dosimetric analysis and clinical outcome. Indian Journal of Cancer, 2018;55(2): 170-75
Key Procedures Performed
- IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy)
- IGRT ( Image Guided Radiotherapy)
- SRS ( Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- SBRT ( Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy)
- ICBT ( Intracavitary Brachytherapy)
- ISBT( Interstitial Brachytherapy)
- Head neck oncology
- Neuro oncology
- Gynec Oncology
Bengali, English, Hindi