Finished MBBS & MS from RIMS, Imphal in 2009 & 2014 respectively. Received University gold medal for highest marks in Pediatrics. Completed DNB Superspeciality (Pediatric Surgery) from the prestigious Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi in 2019. Performed innumerable complex life-saving and reconstructive surgeries including those in newborns with good outcomes. Served as Assistant Professor in the same institute till 2021. Regularly involved in teaching PG trainees and arranging skill development courses. Regularly presented research papers at national & international conferences. Having multiple publications in reputed journals to his credit. Presently serving Narayana Hospitals in the capacity of full-time Consultant in Pediatric Surgery
- MS, DNB-SS
Post held in past
- Assistant Professor, Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
Fields of Expertise
- Congenital anomalies (Birth Defects) and Minimally Invasive Interventions, Gastrointestinal, Hepatopancreatobiliary & Genitourinary abnormalities, Pediatric solid neoplasms, trauma
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Life member of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons (IAPS)
- Guest speaker in international & national level conferences regularly
- Resource person in skill development courses for Postgraduates
- Understanding H-type anorectal malformation in females for a suitable surgical approach- A single-center experience from central India- Indian Journal of Child Health (January 2021).
- Primary anastomosis in difficult cases of type “C” esophageal atresia: The atraumatic microvascular clamp technique of minimal tension with a good outcome- Journal of Pediatric Surgery (December 2020).
- Impact of age on the feasibility of single staged laparoscopic orchidopexy in non-palpable undescended testis- A retrospective analysis- International Journal of Scientific Research (July 2020).
- Does excision of Mullerian structures jeopardize testicular growth and function in Persistent Mullerian Duct Syndrome (PMDS): A single-center experience- Springer Nature Comprehensive Clinical Medicine (May 2020).
- Neonatal ovarian cyst complicating as subacute intestinal obstruction: A case report- International Journal of Contemporary Pediatrics (February 2020).
- Neonatal intramural calcification associated with jejunal atresia: A rare case report- Pathology Update: Tropical Journal of Pathology & Microbiology (November 2019).
- Pancreas as content in Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia: A rarity- Journal of Neonatal Surgery (October 2019).
- A histopathological study of congenital pouch colon and its impact on management- Tropical Gastroenterology (accepted in May 2020).
- Gastric pull up by the retrosternal route for esophageal replacement: Feasibility in a limited resource scenario- Journal of Pediatric Surgery (April 2020).
- Outcomes of preputioplasty in patients undergoing TIP urethroplasty for distal and mid penile hypospadias- Journal of Pediatric Urology (April 2020).
- Choledochal Cyst Perforation: Experience from a center with limited emergency resources - International Journal of Contemporary Pediatrics (October 2021).
- Pyloric Stricture after corrosive ingestion in children: An attempt to address the optimum management of this rarity - International Journal of Contemporary Pediatrics (October 2021).
- Total intestinal atresia: Revisiting the pathogenesis of congenital atresias- Journal of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons (July 2019).
- Ileo colo-colic intussusception: A rare case report- Journal of the evolution of medical and dental sciences (July, 2014)
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in a patient of situs inversus at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences- Journal of Medical Society of RIMS (Jan 2014)
Key Procedures Performed
- Birth defects in newborns like esophageal/intestinal atresias, imperforated anus, diaphragmatic hernia, gastroschisis/omphalocele, Hirschprung’s disease, etc. Common pediatric conditions like hernia/hydrocele, undescended testis, hypospadias. Congenital severe anomalies like Biliary atresia, choledochal cysts. Complex urological reconstructive procedures like bladder exstrophy, ureteric reimplantations & pyeloplasty. Pediatric solid cancers of kidney, liver, lung, gonads, lymph nodes & musculoskeletal system. Trauma surgeries & pediatric acute life threatening emergencies. Minimal access interventions.
Rare/ Unique Skills
- Surgeries for complex congenital conditions otherwise incompatible with life, complex hepatobiliary & genitourinary reconstructions and pediatric solid cancers
English, Hindi, Bengali