Dr.Kushal Nag did his bachelors in medicine from Medical College Kolkata, the oldest medical college in Asia. He then moved to Mumbai where he did his masters in orthopaedics from the prestigious King Edward Medical College, Mumbai. K.E.M hospital boasts of the biggest orthopaedic residency programme in India with a dedicated orthopaedic centre and a trauma centre. There he was exposed to a wide variety of orthopaedic problems and their management. He developed an interest in deformity correction particularly of the foot.
Dr. Nag realised that there are few centres in India where foot and ankle problems are addressed and thus decided to pursue foot & ankle surgery as his super speciality.Following his masters, Dr.Nag did his fellowship in Foot & Ankle Surgery from National University Hospital Singapore, one of the finest teaching hospitals in Asia Pacific region. He was exposed to a wide variety of foot & ankle problems from deformity correction, sports injuries to open to minimally invasive surgery.
After completing his fellowship, he went for an advanced fellowship to the Institute of Foot And Ankle Reconstructive Surgery in Baltimore, U.S.A where he got an opportunity to get trained under the renowned Foot & Ankle surgeon Dr.Mark Myerson.
Fields of Expertise
- Adult Acquired Flatfoot Deformity
- Hallux Valgus / Bunion Deformity
- Acute Ankle Sprain
- Hallux Rigidus
- Chronic Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Achilles Tendon Ruptures
- Insertional Achilles Tendinitis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Peroneal Tendonitis
- Neuropathic / Diabetic Foot Deformities
- Morton's Neuroma Treatment
- Paralytic Deformity Correction
- Tarsal Coalition
- Rheumatoid Arthritis of The Foot & Ankle
- Shin Splints
Professional Memberships and Certifications
Indian foot and ankle society
- Doctor Patient Communication- A Vital yet Neglected Entity in Indian Medical Education System’. INDIAN J SURG.2011; 73(3):184-186.
- Simultaneous Bilateral Tibial Tuberosity Avulsion Fractures in Adolescence: Case Report and Review of 60 Years of Literature. Injury .2013; 44: 1953- 55. DOI:10.1016/j.injury.2013.04.006.
- “Myopericytoma of The Thoracic Spine: A Case Report and Review of Literature”SPINE. DOI:10.1016/j.spinee.2013.06.050
- “Compound Tendoachilles Rupture Repaired by Primary Closure with Peroneus Brevis Tendon Augmentation: A Prospective and Retrospective Study” has Been Accepted for Publication by the ‘Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery’ (Hong Kong).
- Spontaneous Cervical Epidural Haematoma Resulting in Brown Sequard Syndrome: A Case Report has been accepted for publication by the ‘Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery’ (Hong Kong).
- Lateral Ankle Ligament Repair: Evolution of Technique from Open to Arthroscopic. The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery(Asia-Pacific).July December 2014;1(2):65-68
English, Hindi and Bengali