Dr Tarun is a uro-oncologist. He is an expert in robotic, laparoscopic, and open urologic-oncological procedures. His major area of interest is minimally invasive Uro-oncology and he has performed hundreds of robotic/laparoscopic procedures with excellent outcomes. He is a pioneer in the robotic management of groin nodes by the lateral approach. He has performed thousands of endoscopic procedures including transurethral resection of the prostate, resection of bladder tumors, ureteroscopy, percutaneous nephrolithotomy (conventional and minimally invasive PCNL).
- MBBS (Gold Medalist)
- MS (AIIMS, New Delhi)
- MCh (Gold Medalist)
- Fellow VUI, Henry Ford, Detroit, USA
Fields of Expertise
- Laparoscopic and open urological procedures
- Endourology and urogynecology
Awards & Recognition
- First prize at the annual Bengal urology Conference: BUSCON 2020 for the presentation on “Use of ultrasound-based energy devices in partial nephrectomy”
- First prize at the annual Bengal urology Conference: BUSCON 2019 for the presentation on “Robotic and laparoscopic video endoscopic inguinal lymph node dissection: a single surgeon experience”
- Got the Vattikuti Clinical Research Fellow at the Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit under the guidance of Dr. Mani Menon and Dr. Craig Rogers
- First Prize for “˜SUPER-PERC” a new Minimally Invasive PCNL approach” Poster presentation at the 2015 North Zone USI conference.
- First Prize for “Use of flexible mini nephroscope during mini Percutaneous nephrolithotomy: a pilot study”, Podium presentation at the 2015 North Zone USI conference
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certificate of excellence for the highest marks in E.N.T, March 2004.
- Certificate of excellence for the highest marks in the third year of M.B.B.S, March 2004.
- Winner certificate of the 17th IAP Paediatric quiz conducted on 19-7-2004.
- Dr. R. H. N. Shenoi Gold Medal for highest marks in Surgery, March 2005.
- Dr. V. G. Nadagouda Gold Medal for the highest marks in Medicine, March 2005.
- Jindal T, Pawar P, Agarwal S, Jain P, Meena M, Sarwal A, Dhanalakshmi M. The use of preoperative Neutrophil Lymphocyte ratio and Lymphocyte Monocyte ratio in predicting survival and groin node involvement of patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the penis. Urology annals (in press)
- Jindal T, Meena M. Laparoscopic and robotic Video-endoscopic inguinal lymphadenectomy by the lateral approach. Asian Journal of Endoscopic Surgery, 2020 Nov 16.
- Ahlawat RK, Jindal T. Robotic Donor Nephrectomy: The Right Way Forward. Eur Urol Focus. 2018;4:140-141.
- Abdollah F, Jindal T, Menon M. Surgical Training in the Robotic Surgery Era: The Importance of Structured Programs. Eur Urol Focus. 2017;3:117-118.
- Jindal T, Kachroo N, Sammon J, Dalela D, Sood A, Vetterlein MW, Karabon P, Jeong W, Menon M, Trinh QD, Abdollah F. Racial differences in prostate-specific antigen-based prostate cancer screening: State-by-state and region-by-region analyses. Urol Oncol. 2017;35:460.e9-460.e20.
- Robotic Surgery: Current Status. Arvind Kumar, Belal Bin Asaf, V Balasubramanium, Tarun Jindal. Roshan Lall Gupta’s Recent Advances in Surgery-13.
- Functional and Oncological outcomes of robotic radical prostatectomy. Tarun Jindal, Firas Abdollah, Deepansh Dalela, Mani Menon. Robotics in Genitourinary Surgery: Ashok K Hemal and Maini Menon.
- Robotic Urologic Surgery: How to make an effective Robotic Program. Firas Abdollah, Tarun Jindal, Craig Rogers. Robotics in Genitourinary Surgery: Ashok K Hemal and Maini Menon.
- Seisen T, Jindal T, Karabon P, Sood A, Bellmunt J, Rouprêt M, Leow JJ, Vetterlein MW, Sun M, Alanee S, Choueiri TK, Trinh QD, Menon M, Abdollah F. Efficacy of Systemic Chemotherapy Plus Radical Nephroureterectomy for Metastatic Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma. Eur Urol. 2016;71,714-718
- Jindal T, Sarwal A, Pawar P, Dhanalakshmi M1, Subedi N. Laparoscopic management of isolated metachronous adrenal metastases in a patient with esophageal cancer: a case report. J Med Case Rep
Key Procedures Performed
- Robotic Partial nephrectomy
- Robotic Radical nephrectomy
- Robotic inguinal node dissection
- Robotic RPLND
- Robotic Radical cystectomy
- Robotic Radical prostatectomy
Rare/ Unique Skills
- First surgeon in the world to have performed the robotic inguinal node dissection by a lateral approach
- First surgeon in Eastern India to perform the robotic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in post-chemotherapy retroperitoneal mass inpatient of testicular tumour
- First surgeon in Eastern India to perform the laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in post-chemotherapy retroperitoneal mass inpatient of testicular tumour. Highest experience in the minimally invasive surgery for testicular residual masses in Eastern India
- Removal of the largest adrenal myelolipoma in the world
- One of the largest experiences of the video endoscopic lymph node dissection by lateral approach in the world
English, Hindi, Bengali, Kannada