Dr. Suman Mallik joined NH Cancer Institute (formerly Westbank Cancer Centre) in 2011. Prior joining NH Cancer Institute, he was senior consultant radiation oncologist at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai. He completed his 3 years of senior residency in radiation oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai from 2006 to 2009. He received special training on stereotactic radiotherapy at Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto while doing fellowship at PMH in 2012. He has attended various international conferences and has presented many national and international oral papers. He has published 14 original papers in peer reviewed national and international journals till date (2013). Dr Suman Mallik is a member of the Association of Radiation Oncologist of India (AROI), European society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO), American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO), American Brachytherapy Society (ABS), Indian Brachytherapy Society (IBS).
Post held in past
Fields of Experience
- Radiation Oncology
- Retrospective study on performance of consistency check device in Linac beam monitoring using Statistical Process Control. Pal B, Pal A, Das S, Palit S, Sarkar P, Mondal S, Mallik S et al. Reports of Practical Oncology and Radiotherapy: 25(2020) 91-99.
- Preliminary Results of Clinical Outcomes with Hypofractionated Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy in Organ Confined Prostate Cancer: An Indian Experience: Goswami J, Mallik S, Mondal M et al Cancer Therapy & Oncology International Journal, Sept 2018.
- Living with Elekta Compact: Limitations and way around them. Goswami J, Mallik S, Adhikary A, Das S, Pal B. J Cancer Res Ther. 2015 Apr-Jun; 11(2):479-81.
- Adaptive radiation therapy for pediatric head and neck malignancies: Dosimetric implications. Laskar S, Pandit P, Mallik S, Tike P, Chaudhari S, Khanna N, Vora T. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2015 Mar-Apr; 5(2):e87-94.
- AIDS: a radiation oncologist's perspective. Mallik S, Talapatra K, Goswami J. J Cancer Res Ther. 2010 Oct-Dec;6(4):432-41.
- Portal dosimetry for pretreatment verification of IMRT plan: a comparison with 2D ion chamber array. Sharma DS, Mhatre V, Heigrujam M, Talapatra K, Mallik S. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2010 Aug 19;11(4):3268.
- Prognostic factors and outcome analysis of submandibular gland cancer: a clinical audit. Mallik S, Agarwal J, Gupta T, Kane S, Laskar SG, Budrukkar A, Murthy V, Goel V, Jain S. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010 Sep;68(9):2104-10. Epub 2010 Jun 11.
- Impact of radiation dose on locoregional control and survival on squamous cell carcinoma of anal canal. Engineer R, Mallik S, Mahantshetty U, Shrivastava S. Radiother Oncol. 2010 Jun;95(3):283-7. Epub 2010 May 7.
- Prognostic factors and outcome in Askin-Rosai tumor: a review of 104 patients. Laskar S, Nair C, Mallik S, Bahl G, Pai S, Shet T, Gupta T, Arora B, Bakshi A, Pramesh CS, Mistry R, Qureshi S, Medhi S, Jambhekar N, Kurkure P, Banavali S, Muckaden MA. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011 Jan 1;79(1):202-7. Epub 2010 Apr 14.
- Memoirs of differential radiation doses: Gemcitabine induced radiation recall. Mallik S, Gupta S, Munshi A. Acta Oncol. 2010;49(2):261-2.
- Does Helical Tomotherapy Improve Dose Conformity and Normal Tissue Sparing Compared to Conventional IMRT? A Dosimetric Comparison in High Risk Prostate Cancer. Murthy V, Mallik S, Master Z, Sharma PK, Mahantshetty U, Shrivastava SK. Technol Cancer Res Treat. 2011 Apr;10(2):179-85.
- Brain-sparing holo-cranial radiotherapy: a unique application of helical tomotherapy. Gupta T, Mallik S, Master Z, Phurailatpam R, Laskar S. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2011 Mar;23(2):86-94. Epub 2010 Sep 29
- Mallik Suman, Maiti P K, Saha S et al. Amifostine and Oral Enzyme preparation as radio-protector in the treatment of Head and Neck Cancer- A Prospective Study : Journal of Clinical Radiotherapy and Oncology ; Sept 2003: vol 3: 25-29
- Assessment of prognostic factors and its correlation to treatment outcome in locally advanced Non Small Cell Lung Cancer: Mallik Suman , Dasgupta P , Saha S et al: Journal of Clinical Radiotherapy and Oncology; March 2004 :Vol 4 : 32-37
- Role of Mitomycin–C as adjuvant to radical radiotherapy in treatment of locally advanced carcinoma of cervix – A Prospective Study : Mallik Suman , Chakravarti A , Saha S et al : Journal of Clinical Radiotherapy and Oncology ; June 2004: Vol 4: 30-34
- Comparison of magnetic resonance imaging-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography fusion with pathological staging in rectal cancer (Br J Surg 2010; 97: 266-268).Talapatra K, Mallick S. Br J Surg. 2010 Jul;97(7):1151; author reply 1151.
- Role of general practitioners in cancer management. Gangopadhyay S, Mallik S. J Indian Med Assoc. 2003 Dec;101(12):756, 758-9.
English, Hindi, Bengali