Dr. Kaushik Sundar is a Consultant Stroke and Interventional Neurologist at RTIICS Kolkata. He had had finished his General Medicine and DM Neurology at Sri Ramachandra University Chennai and was awarded the best outgoing student. Dr. Kaushik then finished his Fellowship in Stroke and Interventional neurology and worked as Consultant Stroke Neurologist at Rajagiri Hospital Kochi.He was also faculty member to the Stroke Fellowhip program offered in the same institution.
Key Procedures Performed
- Cerebral Angiogram
- Mechanical thrombectomy
- Carotid stenting
- Intracranial angioplasty and stenting
- Intracranial vasospasm management
- Aneurysmal endovascular management
Rare / Unique Skills
Awards & Recognition
- Dr. M.G. Ramachandran Gold Medal for the Best Out going student, Department of Neurology, Sri Ramachandra Universiy- 2017
- 1st place in poster presentation- Dementia Society of India- Cognitive rehabilitation in patients with dementia -2012.
- Selected for the zonal level of Torrent Young Scholar Award (TYSA) representing the southern state of Tamil Nadu, India.
Professional Memberships& Certifications
- Lifetime member of Indian medical association
- Associate member of Indian Academy of Neurology
- Member of Indian Stroke Association
- Member of American Academy of Neurology
- Student member of Movement Disorder Society of India
Stroke and Interventional Neurology
- Mystery of a cryptogenic stroke solved by an abdominal angiogram. BMJ Case Reports November, December 2015. DOI- 10.1136/bcr-2015-211940
- False positive immunoassay for acetyl choline receptor antibody (AChR Ab) in patients exposed to polyvalent antisnake venom, Journal of Neuroimmunology, October 15 2017.
- Authored a chapter “Case based Blended Learning Ecosystem to Optimize Precision medicine” in the book ‘The road from Nano medicine to Precision medicine- Chapter 21, Publisher- Pan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd.
- Acoustic Vestibular Evoked Ocular Myogenic Potentials (Ac oVEMP) an Important Diagnostic Tool for Vestibular Neuronitis. International Journal of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Volume 11, Issue 1, January to March 2019, pages 52-57. DOI:
- Podder, Vivek, et al. “Developing a Case-Based Blended Learning Ecosystem to Optimize Precision Medicine: Reducing Overdiagnosis and Overtreatment.” Healthcare, vol. 6, no. 3, 2018, p. 78., doi:10.3390/healthcare6030078
English, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam and Telugu