Dr. Subhankar Sarkar have completed MD Paediatrics Residency from prestigious Institute, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, and completed his thesis under guidance of Professor Arvind Bagga. Thereafter he has been working as a Senior Resident at the same Institute over two years. Dr. Subhankar also completed one year clinical fellowship training in Paediatric Nephrology under Professor Arvind Bagga for one year and successfully passed Indian Society of Paediatric Nephrology fellowship examination. Dr. Subhankar has worked as Paediatrics Nephrology fellow at National University Hospital, Singapore under Professor Yap Hui Kim for a period of 12 months and trained in advance Dialysis and Kidney Transplant. Before moving back to India, Dr. Subhankar went to USA to gain experience in modern advance Medical Science.
Fields of Expertise
- Paediatrics &
- Paediatric Nephrology
Key Procedures Performed
- Paediatrics and Paediatric Nephrology including Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney Transplant
- Acute and Chronic Dialysis and management of all spectrum of renal disease in children including nephrotic syndrome
- Urinary tract infection
- Acute and chronic renal failure
Rare / Unique Skills
- Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney Transplant
- Acute and Chronic Dialysis in children
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in children with frequently relapsing nephrotic syndrome.
- Wrote a chapter on pediatric hypertension and management, name of the book “Pediatric Nephrology on-The-Go” 3rd edition by Professor Yap Hui Kim.
- Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP)
- Indian Society of Paediatric Nephrology (ISPN)
- International Paediatric Nephrology Association (IPNA)
- Clinical observer in Pediatric Nephrology at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Clinical observer in Pediatric Nephrology at Michigan Children’s Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
- Dr. OP Ghai 's Gold Medal award 2017 for best senior resident in the Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- Travel grand award in poster presentation in “The Sixteenth Congress of the International Paediatrics Nephrology Association at Shanghai, China 2013, College of Continuing Education Fudan University.
Professional Memberships& Certifications
Awards & Recognition
Bengali, English and Hindi