Dr. Vivek Agarwala is an eminent Consultant in Oncology & Haemato-Oncology at Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Howrah and has experience of over 10 years. He has been associated with organizations like Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. Dr. Vivek Agarwala is well regarded by his peers and patients alike and gives his undivided attention to the patients.
Fields of Expertise
Key Procedures Performed
Management of Solid Tumor | Chemotherapy | Medical Oncology | Leukemia | Lymphoma | Multiple Myeloma
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Indian Society of Medical and Paediatric Oncology (ISMPO).
- Indian Cooperative Oncology Network.
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- Various abstract publications as First author and co-author in JAPI Dec 2010, JAPI Dec 2011, IHJ Nov-Dec 2011 and IJG Nov. 2011.
- Joshi A, Agarwala V, Noronha V, Dhumal S, Juvekar S, Prabhash K. Response to oral metronomic chemotherapy in carcinoma of the Buccal Mucosa: A case report. Indian journal of cancer 2014 Jul 1;51(3):400.
- Noronha V, Joshi A, Patil V, Dhumal S, Agarwala V, Prabhash K. Excellent response to oral Metronomic chemotherapy in unresectable adenocarcinoma of external auditory canal. Indian journal of medical and paediatric oncology 2015 Apr;36(2):132.
- Joshi A, Agarwala V, Ramaswamy A, Noronha V, Patil VM, Menon S, et al. Initial experience with first-line pazopanibin the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma: A single institution data. Indian J Cancer 2016; 53:575-8.
• A match pair analysis of paclitaxel cetuximab versus metronomic chemotherapy as palliative chemotherapy in head and neck cancers. – Under Review at Cancer Letters for publication as co-author.
- Treatment outcomes of metastatic non-clear cell renal cell carcinoma – a single institution retrospective analysis. – Under review at International Journal of Urology as First-author.
- A risk-benefit assessment approach to selection of adjuvant chemotherapy in elderly patients with early breast cancer: Amini-review – Under review at Indian Journal of Medical and Pediatric Oncology as First author.
Posts Held in Past
- Specialist Senior Resident, Dept. of Medical Oncology, Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai
- Senior Resident, Dept. of Medical Oncology, Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai
- Junior Resident, Dept. of Medicine, GSVM Medical College & LLR Hospital, Kanpur
- Junior Resident, Dept. Of Surgery, Grant Medical, College & JJ Hospital, Mumbai
English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Rajasthani and Marathi