Dr. Dilip Todi is a senior gastroenterologist of international repute with over 25 years of experience in the management of wide range of digestive tract disorders including Fatty liver disease, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD), Abdominal tuberculosis, Chronic liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C & Alcohol related disorder Acute & Chronic Pancreatitis
Adept at digestive endoscopy including upper GI endoscopy and colonoscopy,
Dr. Todi does about 250 upper & lower GI procedures every month. Prior to joining Narayana Superspeciality Hospital & Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, Howrah (formerly Westbank Hospital & Westbank Health & Wellness Institute). Dr. Todi worked with various Gastroenterology departments in UK for five years, including three years in a large teaching hospital in UK in Leeds. Two of the three years were spent in Luminal gastroenterology department which was headed by Prof Axon, past president of OMGE and World Gastroenterology Congress. Another year was spent in a big Liver Transplant Unit in Leeds headed by Dr. Davies. It is one of the largest units in UK and does about 100 Liver transplants a year.
Another two years were spent in Hull Royal Infirmary under Prof Bennett who specialized in Oesophageal disorders & Bradford Royal Infirmary.
- CCST (Gastro & Medicine),
- FRCP (Edin)
Post held in past
- Worked various Gastroenterology Department in UK for five years
- Spent two years in Luminal Gastroenterology Department, UK
- Spent one year in a big Liver Transplant Unit, UK (does about 100 Liver Transplants a year)
- Spent one year in Hull Royal Infirmary with special interest in Oesophageal disorders
Fields of Expertise
- Interventional Gastroenterology
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Teacher at Indian Society of Gastroenterology (West Bengal Branch) | Part time as honorary consultant with Associate Professor designation at Vivekananda Institute of Medical Science in RKM Seva Pratisthan (West Bengal University of Health Sciences affiliated).
- A short study on relationships between anger and defense style in functional gastrointestinal disorder Indian Journal of Health and Wellbeing Vol. 5, Iss. 7, (Jul 2014).
- Gut 1997; 40 (Suppl 1): A11 (abstract) – Coeliac disease is associated with non-smoking and cessation of smoking Management of Superior Vena Cava Syndrome by Internal Jugular to Femoral Vein Bypass Approach to Patent Ductus Arteriosus (Annals of Thoracic Surgery.2006:82:769).
Key Procedures Performed
English, Hindi, Bengali